Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
What used to work for me in blocking the UI ads in the firewall, is no longer being honored. Avast keeps turning it back on to enable ads on the main UI (installed on 2-4-26)Norton stands out as the premium brand without a free version—they have good reason to maximize revenue per user. Avast/AVG make their numbers through sheer volume. The new Norton interface was clearly designed to market extra features more.
Norton was also well-known for upselling and pop-ups before the Gen merger. They must be well aware that their userbase is comparatively skewed towards older and less tech-savvy people, whereas Avast and AVG lean towards a more budget-conscious audience.
Avast and AVG still appear to be on par with each other for upselling according to talk around the web.

User: Block avastui.exe ruleWhat used to work for me in blocking the UI ads in the firewall, is no longer being honored. Avast keeps turning it back on to enable ads on the main UI (installed on 2-4-26)
I wonder if it would be different in using NextDNS, which used to block UI.exe ads when I was using AVG?
View attachment 295746 View attachment 295747
And which in this case, I'd rather reinstall F-Secure and try a couple options for the at times slow loading of some of my apps.User: Block avastui.exe rule
Avast firewall: nice rule, ...
Everytime I face such glitches in Avast and other 3rd party AVs, I go back for MD.And which in this case, I'd rather reinstall F-Secure and try a couple options for the at times slow loading of some of my apps.
It only freeze when i do banking. I'm not the only one with this problem.That's a very general affirmation, maybe it froze for some reason in Your system, I don't think this is the behavior in the rest or the most of K. the users
Does it freeze in every site?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes