Hot Take The Road to Recovery: How Microsoft Plans to Make You Love Windows Again

Windows 11
23 Replies 2,400 Views

lokamoka820

Level 55
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Microsoft is working to rebuild trust and enthusiasm for Windows by focusing on user experience, simplifying updates, improving performance, and integrating AI-driven features. The company aims to make Windows feel less like a burden and more like a platform people genuinely enjoy using.

Comparison: Old vs. New Windows Strategy​

AspectOld ApproachNew Approach
UpdatesLarge, disruptive, poorly explainedSmaller, faster, transparent
PerformanceBloated, inconsistentStreamlined, stable, responsive
DesignFragmented (mix of legacy & modern UI)Unified, consistent design language
AI IntegrationMinimalDeep Copilot integration for productivity
User TrustDeclining due to forced changesRebuilding through respect & transparency

In short, Microsoft’s “road to recovery” for Windows is about making the OS lighter, friendlier, and smarter—less of a hassle and more of a partner in productivity.
 
Well... This last update fixed something, and broke something...

The fix is huge, when you open My-PC from the desktop icon, and then you see C:, D:, E:

if you were to move that window, let's say to the top left corner of your monitor, maybe make it taller and wider too. and then x out.

When you opened MY-PC again, it would default to a small size and go to the middle of your monitor.

People complained about this for years...

What broke... Go to settings, apps, you no longer have "startup"... You have to go to task manager now.
 
I very rarely go into settings / StartUp as use other programs but its there now, not sure if its been moved?? But its there at bottom, latest Windows updates on...

Settings.jpg
 
Well, I had it available in settings too, until I did these 2 updates, yesterday, see below:

2026-01 Preview Update (KB5074105) (26200.7705)
2026-01 .NET Framework Preview Update (KB5074828
 
I don't do preview updates no, just the latest stable...So I might have to wait until next Patch Tuesday maybe? I have found in the past preview update modules may not make it to finals??

'KB5074105 is a cumulative update for Windows 11 versions 24H2 and 25H2, released on January 29, 2026, which includes various improvements, fixes, and new features such as enhanced Cross-Device Resume functionality and the ability to toggle Smart App Control without reinstalling the OS. This update is optional and can be manually installed through Windows Update or the Microsoft Update Catalog'

For fun I'll install those after doing an image so I can go back...
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top