Sven

Level 10
Verified
Back in the days, McAfee was the worst for me, due to its high RAM/CPU usage, sluggish interface, Internet Explorer addon was also a trouble, their "please buy more" pop-ups and of course the nightmare malware removal/uninstallation process.. Never again. Currently happy as a long-time Comodo user :)

p.s : But I was truly in love with Avast! version 4, with its gory alert sound. :)

Last edited:

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Intel Security/Mcafee. It's notoriously trashed by it's own developer, John Mcafee.

On Mcafee being renamed Intel Security:

""You have no idea how glad I am about that. It's become the worst piece of SW on the planet. You cannot uninstall, scans all the time, slow as sh*t, I'd have fired them, thank goodness I've freed from association with that"" (Source)

mekelek

Level 28
Kaspersky was the worst i used..
I used it in 2016/17 it was really bad For ME
if you look in the malware samples of @harlan4096 's tests, you can find it to be the best of all.
maybe only Symantec's Endpoint solution did better/similar to Kaspersky when it was being tested by an other user. Too bad Symantec Endpoint and Norton is being developed by two different groups even though they're technically the same company.