The Worst AV You've Ever Used?

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
Not Every AV is Good! Which is the Worst AV You've Ever Used? In My Opinion, Iobit Malware Fighter is the Worst. It claims to have Bitdefender's Engine and Anti-Ransomware Engine but It didn't even Protected Me against a Adware!

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would have to agree Iobit Malware Fighteris a winner in being the worst. Especially when it first came out, not sure what it is like these days. I never will have here again. ;)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Back in the days, McAfee was the worst for me, due to its high RAM/CPU usage, sluggish interface, Internet Explorer addon was also a trouble, their "please buy more" pop-ups and of course the nightmare malware removal/uninstallation process.. Never again. Currently happy as a long-time Comodo user :)

p.s : But I was truly in love with Avast! version 4, with its gory alert sound. :)

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Kaspersky was the worst i used..
Resource eater And bad protection.
Wich version? The new ones are realy light and there is no bad protection on kaspersky.. They never had bad protection or bad times. They are always on the top of the list when it comes to protection. They have way more protection than ur lovly avira, at any time.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Intel Security/Mcafee. It's notoriously trashed by it's own developer, John Mcafee.

On Mcafee being renamed Intel Security:

""You have no idea how glad I am about that. It's become the worst piece of SW on the planet. You cannot uninstall, scans all the time, slow as sh*t, I'd have fired them, thank goodness I've freed from association with that"" (Source)

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Wich version? The new ones are realy light and there is no bad protection on kaspersky.. They never had bad protection or bad times. They are always on the top of the list when it comes to protection. They have way more protection than ur lovly avira, at any time.
I used it in 2016/17 it was really bad For ME

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Kaspersky was the worst i used..
I used it in 2016/17 it was really bad For ME
if you look in the malware samples of @harlan4096 's tests, you can find it to be the best of all.
maybe only Symantec's Endpoint solution did better/similar to Kaspersky when it was being tested by an other user. Too bad Symantec Endpoint and Norton is being developed by two different groups even though they're technically the same company.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.