kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Products like Qihoo, Baidu, Kingsoft, Tencent and other of those copy-paste crap products. All of them have almost the same UI and if one changes something, the other follows immediately. They look almost identical, even the settings are in the same order... They all use about the same engines, which makes them not really adding much value to the industry in my opinion. Also way too many alerts, overreactive file collecting cloud, too many false positives, too many useless features with cool names but no single kind of extra additonal protection, ads that don't have anything to do with the antivirus and shady privacy policies. If I want to use Avira, Kaspersky or Bitdefender engine, I would go for the companies that really make them and not these ones.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Products like Qihoo, Baidu, Kingsoft, Tencent and other of those copy-paste crap products. All of them have almost the same UI and if one changes something, the other follows immediately. They look almost identical, even the settings are in the same order... They all use about the same engines, which makes them not really adding much value to the industry in my opinion. Also way too many alerts, overreactive file collecting cloud, too many false positives, too many useless features with cool names but no single kind of extra additonal protection, ads that don't have anything to do with the antivirus and shady privacy policies. If I want to use Avira, Kaspersky or Bitdefender engine, I would go for the companies that really make them and not these ones.
If I just think of Qihoo and, if I well remember, the third-party engines can be disabled, but not the cloud engine which, as it seems, is always active until there is the internet connection.
This means that the antivirus checks all the files present on the hard disk and send the related information on the cloud...
The biggest problem of Qihoo is your privacy, if you don't trust them.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Bitdefender - huge resource hog, literally brings the computer to it's knees with a simple virus definition update (which it does every few hours)

Panda - Blue screened my computer on install, including start up etc. Had a hard time removing it because the uninstaller kept crashing, and despite using the official complete uninstaller it still left tons of remnants on my system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Products like Qihoo, Baidu, Kingsoft, Tencent and other of those copy-paste crap products. All of them have almost the same UI and if one changes something, the other follows immediately. They look almost identical, even the settings are in the same order...
First to detect new malware, but get this, they developed the malware. They cannot be trusted.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Not Every AV is Good! Which is the Worst AV You've Ever Used? In My Opinion, Iobit Malware Fighter is the Worst. It claims to have Bitdefender's Engine and Anti-Ransomware Engine but It didn't even Protected Me against a Adware!

Webroot. It took over my systems like a virus.. I had boot/OS SSD's with 128GB at the time.. Webroot capped them all out with stuff hidden in WRDATA and caused most of the systems to function poorly or stop running Windows right. A plethora of other issues, like constantly opening tickets to whitelist things and the near total lack of concern Webroot has over PUP/Adware/PUA.

It was a disaster, and it didn't even uninstall properly on half of the machines.

Devilish

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2017
Bitdefender - huge resource hog, literally brings the computer to it's knees with a simple virus definition update (which it does every few hours)

Panda - Blue screened my computer on install, including start up etc. Had a hard time removing it because the uninstaller kept crashing, and despite using the official complete uninstaller it still left tons of remnants on my system.

True that for Bitdefender. that's why i have to change it with kaspersky.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Norton Antivirus 2006-2007 product line. HATED that POS.

Although I do remember throwing ClamAV on a security pen drive for some reason or another. Never got used though lol

Reactions: BearHug

Prayag

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
yeah,i found the update system/mechanism of bd and clamav worst in the industry.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
AVG(a few years ago) and AVIRA for being bloatwares. Kaspersky for destroying my Windows 7, had to reinstall. Bitdefender 2015 which also destroyed my windows. Zonealarm for missing a drive-by download infection. Norton(a few years ago) missing a malware named 'love is all' in system32, and detected by a ClamAV scan.:D

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
panda for me.The worst av ever.Without cloud,it isn't any good but a resource hog

panda is a cloud-based anti-virus what were you expecting?

It can't even detect years old trojan, when i am offline

again, do you understand the concept of a cloud-based anti-virus?

Actually, i haven't seen Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to successfully remove a nasty threat that it could find.Therefore,I can't recommend it as a second opinion scanner.

topic of the thread is a full anti-virus & not a second opinion scanner, you divert again.

f.y.i. malwarebytes needs a system re-start to completely eliminate some threats.

It felt literally like using a mosquito net on the front door to avoid an elephant to come in

you have a wicked sense of humor like @Umbra ;) i like it :)

The worst was Zyllia, everything icluding windows process were marked as a virus

seriously :eek: well then i would say zillya was on the right track :D

that seems extremely weird, shouldn't have happened.

true that, should not have happened.

This will be a fun thread to reply to

you bet :D

My vote goes to 100years Antivirus from China

i thought you were kidding with a name like that :D but yes the AV does exist with a 434mb installer :rolleyes:

Ashampoo jezus christ this thing is bad

ashampoo could not even remove dandruff let alone malware :p

First to detect new malware, but get this, they developed the malware. They cannot be trusted

finally someone calls a spade a spade :)

Webroot. It took over my systems like a virus. It was a disaster, and it didn't even uninstall properly on half of the machines.

sounds like quickheal ;) but am surprised with that coming from webroot.

True that for Bitdefender. that's why i have to change it with kaspersky.

you find bitdefender to be a resource hog & you replace it with kaspersky :rolleyes:

Well every AV has already been named

no not all, yet.

No need to drag this on:p

hush rocky, am loving this :D

Also what was the purpose of this thread ;)

who cares :p

Webroot & drweb.

seriously, these are two really good products you state as your worst AV.

Bitdefender. Fortunately, it will not even install on my system.

which means your system is incompatible for various reasons, why blame the product?

What else Windows Defender is the worst AV in recent time

i guess with recent times you mean the early eighties right?

There may be worse AV than WD but none of them were famous

not sure about WD but this post will surely make you famous :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.