I recently used glarys utilities and payed for it in the worse way

I cant reformat my computer because of this code

Youtube videos are giving me no luck also

Anyone that could help i would greatly appreciate it

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
OEM laptop/desktops usually have the license key built into the motherboard itself. Having worked previously for a major Geek Squad competitor, it was common practice for us to use the slimmed down OS without the manufacturer bloatware from the Microsoft website ISO. You're safe installing that ISO over your current HDD as long as you know how to format it properly during the install.

Upvote 0

BMW325I

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 16, 2016
Ok im gunna download the ISO,ill let you know how it works

Its starting

Attachments

• 10.PNG
    10.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 683
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Good, just choose your method (DVD or USB, either works fine). When you get to the actual Windows installer, you should see multiple partitions of your HDD (recovery, etc.), make sure you select each individual drive, delete, and once they're all merged into 1 unpartitioned drive, you can click New, and then install over the new partition structure that the ISO makes for you.

Upvote 0

BMW325I

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 16, 2016
Im using a program called rufus,i found i needed to click on a little button where it says "create a bookable disk using iso image,i clicked on that off to the right and seen a usb option it says its copying ISO files as we speak

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.