Things you dislike about your security software

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
The longer this thread gets, the more I like WD. I don't think there's anything I dislike about VoodooShield. I forget they are there.
I tried VS Free, I may try it again. Pretty much all depends on if I keep SBIE or not. I know that AOL Tech Fortress (AppGuard) isn't really my speed.

EDIT: And as far as WD, I hear you there too. I especially like that it's a pure AV (that I could complement with HMPA).

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I don't think I have any dislikes with my software at all for security.

~LDogg
there must be some but you can tolerate them :D other people's problems might not be yours
as much as you like it and can fit it into your system, it's suitable for you, like putting panda free into a properly set up system is amazing. Panda itself is very poor
I found many cons of forticlient (the product itself, not the things I dislike)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
there must be some but you can tolerate them :D other people's problems might not be yours
as much as you like it and can fit it into your system, it's suitable for you, like putting panda free into a properly set up system is amazing. Panda itself is very poor
I found many cons of forticlient (the product itself, not the things I dislike)
Only one but it's manageable so I don't classify it as a dislike, rather a annoyance. That's the web filter on Forticlient blocking the WiFi login page when I'm djing at my residency. But it's fairly easy to do just by switching the web filter off. Hence why it's not a dislike of mine.

I've found no cons that cannot be rectified easily for me. I agree, Forticlient is very suitable for me and this system. As I have SSD I see now lag whatsoever.

~LDogg

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
My security setup works so well it is getting boring. I am tempted to mess up my system with a bunch of junky programs, lol
It's not just you, I'm bored of everything going well. I don't know what that symptom is called.:giggle:

I can help you both recommending a mix of software so bad it is certain to force you to clean install your machines :)

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I don't run Avast but believe you can disable them completely under options, I've read that you can do so on AVG paid versions owned by same company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.