Level 39
Content Creator
MWT-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
What i really hate about 3rd party internet security software is aftermath after uninstall. Yesterday i uninstalled kaspersky internet security and my system restore broke, WD didn't work for hours, i guess kaspersky left some leftovers behind and WD though i have kaspersky still on and right click in start button stopped working.
if you use kaspersky removal tool, it's a known issue and will definitely break your system restore
there is a fix for it, I posted while ago
take home message: never use kaspersky removal tool

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Things I dislike about my security software ?

Right now ? ..... There is nothing I dislike about any of it ..... Happy Days !

But previously , I disliked the sluggish boot times , the insane resource hogging , and the far too frequently pointless updates .....
.... and most of all ?
I hate the " official removal tools " that they all seem to have available to download .

They vary all the way from totally useless to absolute "wrecking balls " on your system .

Over the years I have used most of the major AVs , and removing them is always a royal PITA .
In fact this issue annoys me so much that I think I'll start a poll here ....

" Vote for the worst AV Removal Tool you have ever used " :ROFLMAO:

Not sure which ones to include in the poll .... Avast , AVG , Comodo , Eset , F-Secure , Kaspersky , McAfee , Norton , Panda
..... anybody using one that I've missed ?

I'm currently using Forticlient plus OSArmor and I can't fault either of them .

@Slyguy - a massive " thank you " for making me aware of Forticlient in the first place ,
and for so willingly sharing your vast knowledge and experience ....
..... you are a true star !

Dhruv2193

Level 6
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I used to dislike Kaspersky's annoying encrypted scanning messages which no longer come since a few months. I still dislike the problem i experienced once before 3-5 months where i had to re-install KIS due to repeated warnings to reboot to resolve a malware in web page which was already resolved when the webpage was open by KIS blocking access to it.

Operating System
Windows 7
Antivirus
Kaspersky
The most recent thing i dislike about my security software is -

Kaspersky: I have to close kaspersky to install windows update. This was not the issue 3-4 months ago. I have to investigate what's the real problem (conflict) which i hate. I would rather close kaspersky at windows update than deal with support.
Adguard: Nothing. I used to dislike that assistant didn't work on some sites so i installed adguard extension/addon as well. Now wherever adguard desktop assistant doesn't work, extension/addon does & other times it runs in integration mode, a great feature.

DeepWeb

Level 21
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Kaspersky:
-Like others said it can slow down browsing especially when you visit a page with embedded content.

-I have to pause protection when I am installing a program. Otherwise it blocks important temporary files.

Svoll

Level 12
Verified
Operating System
MacOS
Antivirus
Norton
Currently using SEP14 and while I love it, the one thing that I dislike is how much log files it create and phones home quite often. it logs in appdata folder, programdata folder, eventlog, and a few other places. My last AV was emsisoft and love how simple and clear their log files are.