Sorry for not answering questions, I was busy.He is not answering our questions.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Sorry for not answering questions, I was busy.He is not answering our questions.
No worriesSorry for not answering questions, I was busy.
The malware is private malware like Solaris. I don't tested Comodo because he is clearly cheater due to auto containment but I bypassed him before.
I prefer free Defender plus ASR rules.
I wonder if there is someone on here who could test this for us?It would be interesting to see if it could bypass the WDAC ISG (like in WHHLight)
Which Kaspersky setup do you mean that harlan4096 made?ASR rules are OK, they can "raise the bar" for many attackers.
This malware can probably be prevented by Comodo Firewall (@cruelsister settings), Kaspersky (@harlan4096 settings), Avast with Hardened mode, etc.
In the home environment, also SmartScreen file reputation can be quite efficient.
However, no reasonable protection can stop the highly motivated attacker.
Which Kaspersky setup do you mean that harlan4096 made?
No (only CmdLine methods are blocked).Does the ASR Rule you posted also block user initiated safe mode?
It would be interesting to see if it could bypass the WDAC ISG (like in WHHLight).
Thank you very much!
I was inattentive.In Settings -> Security Settings -> Intrusion Prevention
Andy! It would be really nice if you could test these samples as you write.The initial malware can be most probably blocked by WDAC ISG before execution (due to the low prevalence). I can test it if someone would like to share the sample.
The ransomware dropped by the initial malware can be blocked by WDAC in Safe Mode if the sample is executed from a non-whitelisted location. The initial malware blocks the Internet connection before restarting in Safe Mode, so ISG cannot check the positive reputation and WDAC blocks the file.
I think you've little bit misunderstand. Your evidence is fine.I think I proved one malware enough to destory malware but that's rarely happens. I will test antiviruses aganist fully zero day harmful ip address. That would be too interesting than this because it's not only one malware it's too many urls.
Please test K7 Ultimate edition.I think I proved one malware enough to destory malware but that's rarely happens. I will test antiviruses aganist fully zero day harmful ip address. That would be too interesting than this because it's not only one malware it's too many urls.
It detects by cloud right now probably but it didn't got deleted because Andy explanation is correct and we need use another method like Defender remover. But can't detect ransomware payload for some reason (I don't know is he going to detect final payload right now but when I tested in past it didn't get detected.).I think you little bit misunderstand. Your proof is fine.
What you should look at is what Andy also described, in which case this does not happen. Also, how Defender behaves in this situation.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes