Advice Request Those of you who will be running windows on your SteamDeck, what security do you run?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Models come with different storage types, sizes and speeds.

$400 - 64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
$530 - 256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2)
$650 - 512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2)

TedCruz

Level 5
Thread author
Aug 19, 2022
Models come with different storage types, sizes and speeds.

$400 - 64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
$530 - 256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2)
$650 - 512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4 or PCIe Gen 3 x2)
yeah I got the $650 model, been running it for over a week now. Dual booted into Windows 11, the recent Win11 update killed the native audio drivers, but the BT audio works fine, so it's a workaround for now. Games seem to run faster in Windows than through the LInux wrapper. I am loving my NO Man's Sky again. I left the native Steam on the SSD and am just running Windows of a 1TB SD Card (sundisk Extreme).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.