Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I voted "No, but it is a great addition to any security config."

I actually would like to use it, but only if it stops being incompatible with my laptop's system, because so far it's not acting nicely.

@Andra Zaharia said here in this forum that they'll "soon" release tests showing Heimdal PRO's effectiveness. :)

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
It would be fine if they fix the incompatibility with VoodooShield. Installing Heimdal cause VoodooShield.exe to use a lot of CPU.

@Azure Phoenix Agreed! Just tried it out with the latest VoodooShield and wowzers CPU!! No way.... Nots goods at all!

Something changed with HP from the last version... CPU goes sky high and RAM usage is much higher too. Just tried out the latest with the 6-month promo. With my steller machine, things just don't add up. I get the RAM usage, but not the CPU part. Maybe the developer can comment on that piece.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I understand both Heimdal and VS do different things, and if they could work together they would complement each other nicely.
But if I had to choose between Heimdal or VS, then I will stick with VS.

Agreed! VoodooSheild is great. @danb you're the man! Keep up your great work. I hope you continue to offer a free version of your software.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have been using Heimdal Pro about 2 months now,its seems way lighter than in the past,iti's a nicely configured software, good alternate to voodoshield,has blocked way more sites than I thought,I recommend it,they have a 30 day trial,and discounts on the price are common

Reactions: CoherentCrayon

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.