Thoughts on Privacy and Collection From Buisnesses

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
It's been awhile since I've really been around on MT but I was curious on the input of other community members. If it is a computer's OS, software, or a website. What are your thoughts about current privacy practices of companies? I'm more interested on people's thoughts with Google. Also Microsoft, Facebook, and other sites would be of some interest as well. How far do you balance convenience and privacy?

I became interested about the topic of privacy after looking at all the data that google had in my gmail account. It is kind of frightening how far back and how much there was. I turned off all the privacy things I could but I'm not even sure what to do. In this day in age it seems impossible to surf the internet without privacy being taken away.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
Watch The Creepy Line it is now available on Amazon Prime video and iTunes if you have either of those, it will tell you all about Google, Facebook and their practices.

D

Deleted member 178

I don't care much, i know they won't attack me. Instead of bashing tech giants, people should worry about datas collected by small sites.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
How far do you balance convenience and privacy?
I balance it to the point of annoyance. If a reputable privacy-respecting alternative is available then I'll gravitate towards it, but if that alternative causes me any grief then I'll stop using it.
An example is Google Maps. I've tried plenty of alternatives to it, but every single one I've tried had something that bothered me enough that I chose to stop using them.

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I don't care much, i know they won't attack me. Instead of bashing tech giants, people should worry about datas collected by small sites.

You should be concerned, watch that documentary these tech giants are amassing power on a global scale that has been never seen before in human history with their spying and data collection.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

No, I'm not, I don't use my real name much , so I don't care. Google didn't rob me a cent, and probably won't ever. Can't say the same for some shady site's owner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.