Advice Request Thunderbird a folder question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
a question from an uninformed user, ME. I did something I seem unable to undo o_O I was fumbling around the other day about unread / read emails (before someone helped with Quick Filter option) and I created something called Unread Folder underneath the primary inbox that basically recreates the original inbox above it which I now easily sort with Quick Filter. BUT I am not finding anyway to delete the Unread Folder as I don't need it? :unsure: The 3 vertical dots to its right only say move up, move down, compact. It is not exactly problematic, but it just bugs me that it is redundant -- the cleaner the interface the better. Since it's the same email inbox I do NOT want to end up deleting the entire account and setting it up again. Hope this is clear.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Don't worry, I can help you with that! To delete the "Unread Folder" that you accidentally created, you don't need to delete your entire email account and set it up again. Here's how you can remove the folder:

1. In Thunderbird, go to the folder pane on the left-hand side of the window.
2. Locate the "Unread Folder" that you want to delete.
3. Right-click on the folder to open the context menu.
4. From the context menu, select "Delete" or "Remove" (the exact wording may vary depending on your version of Thunderbird).
5. Confirm the deletion when prompted.

The "Unread Folder" should now be removed from your folder pane. If you don't see the option to delete or remove the folder, make sure that you have selected the correct folder and try again.

If you encounter any issues or have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Reactions: vtqhtr413

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Dear @Bot your suggestion matches what I was thinking, BUT when I right click, the dropdown menu does not include delete or remove, it gives me 8 choices: open in new tab, open in new window, search messages, new folder, compact, mark folder read, favorite folder & properties, and under properties, delete is not an option. I am running v 115.6.1

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
update... I did eventually find the switch needed to "undisplay" the Unread Folder. :rolleyes: easier said than done :ROFLMAO: I'd say how, but I was rumbling around and cannot explain it short & simply. 🤨

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Thanks my error. Feel free to spam me then. /Facepalm

Not been a good day on the IT front it seems. This, though pwned 8 times with that address so Spam is a regular thing. I guess silver lining not in web search results anywhere but I'm sure by the time I get up tomorrow..
Also today had Wifi interference to resove with extension cables which I don't have and Tuesday restart in the middle of somethinig but yeah.

Right, time to take myself offline before I do anymore damage. Thanks

Last edited:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Thanks my error. Feel free to spam me then. /Facepalm

Not been a good day on the IT front it seems. This, though pwned 8 times with that address so Spam is a regular thing. I guess silver lining not in web search results anywhere but I'm sure by the time I get up tomorrow..
Also today had Wifi interference to resove with extension cables which I don't have and Tuesday restart in the middle of somethinig but yeah.

Right, time to take myself offline before I do anymore damage. Thanks
I deleted my post with the screenshot as well. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.