Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin should add a special filter-list just for TikTok, right? I mean: there's already an anti-Facebook one, so why not? Wonder if it's possible.
The list from Eduard Ursu, d3ward blocks:

1679340768623.png

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
LibRedirect extension (for Firefox here: LibRedirect – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)) can optionally proxy TikTok on desktop. On mobile browsers, etc. just use a proxy like proxitok.pussthecat.org.

uBlock Origin should add a special filter-list just for TikTok, right? I mean: there's already an anti-Facebook one, so why not? Wonder if it's possible.
I think both EasyPrivacy and AdG Privacy cover them all. AdG has some TLDs that I don't see in EL (below), but EL has some filters after the TLD that block the same.

||rtc-logger-va.tiktokv.com^
||rtlog.tiktokv.com^
||xlog.tiktokv.com^
||xlog-va.tiktokv.com^
||xlog*-*.tiktokv.com^

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Just ask the state of Maryland. According to a new report in The Wall Street Journal, it’s one of several states that used TikTok’s tracking pixel on a government website despite a statewide ban barring TikTok-related software from official devices and networks. According to the report, Maryland was one of 27 states that had code for TikTok’s tracking pixel embedded in an official government website. While these types of tools are extremely common — tracking pixels help online advertisers target their ads — their use has also been widely criticized by privacy advocates.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Even the government breaks their own published cybersecurity guidelines and regulations.
Agree with you for a change. Policies, procedures and guidelines are just legal speak for covering the governments/corporation's ass. No one pays attention to them because they make work in your organisation complicated and time consuming. The only time they are brought up is when they need a excuse to either fire someone or discipline someone while covering themself legally.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

No one pays attention to them because they make work in your organisation complicated and time consuming. The only time they are brought up is when they need a excuse to either fire someone or discipline someone while covering themself legally.
Certain branches of the government are exempt from liability for personal data breaches.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
LibRedirect extension (for Firefox here: LibRedirect – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)) can optionally proxy TikTok on desktop. On mobile browsers, etc. just use a proxy like proxitok.pussthecat.org.

I think both EasyPrivacy and AdG Privacy cover them all. AdG has some TLDs that I don't see in EL (below), but EL has some filters after the TLD that block the same.

||rtc-logger-va.tiktokv.com^
||rtlog.tiktokv.com^
||xlog.tiktokv.com^
||xlog-va.tiktokv.com^
||xlog*-*.tiktokv.com^
By EL I meant EP (Easy Privacy). I wanted to illustrate how EP blocks tracking a little differently from AdG. In this filter from EP (and 5 similar ones):

||tiktokv.com/web/report?

instead of blocking the TLDs above, it blocks the part after the domain, that is, '/web/report?' aiming to prevent tracking pixels or scripts.

Notably, uBO no longer includes AdG Privacy as a built-in list, probably because the latter's heavy use of regexes can slow down uBO.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew testifies in front of US Congress today, but acc. to my streaming news service, has not fully convinced law-makers so far that any claims made by ByteDance (TikTok's parent co) with regards to spying on American users are fully genuine.

What is intriguing is that TikTok says it's going to "build a firewall" that will filter American users' data in accordance with any upcoming legislation.

A lot of Americans are protesting any Tik,Tok ban, saying it would majorly impact their business and revenue.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
A lot of Americans are protesting any Tik,Tok ban, saying it would majorly impact their business and revenue.
And bingo! That's why these measures will probably fail. Money. Basically, money is king and over rules any good policy. Government's should really regulate big tech and social media but people will complain that their business is affected by such changes, so they are shelved sadly.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
As Spock said to Captain Kirk " Dammit Jim, we can't have the Chinese gov't harvesting Americans data, we can only have the American gov't harvesting Americans data".

Reactions: Zero Knowledge
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

As Spock said to Captain Kirk " Dammit Jim, we can't have the Chinese gov't harvesting Americans data, we can only have the American gov't harvesting Americans data".
Captain Kirk said to Bones: "Chinese business owners, via domiciled Canadian companies, harvest Canadians' and Canadiens' data. What can we do?"

Bones: "What can you do? Time for you to stop worrying about not passing the American citizenship written exam. Just do it."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.