Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
  • Is it worth using?
  • Is there any alternatives?
  • How good is it?
  • Have you tried it?
  • Would you consider using this?
Thanks @user for Inspiring me to make this.

Time Freeze On
  • When Time Freeze is on any changes made to the PC will be deleted on next reboot.
Time Freeze Off
  • When Time Freeze is off any changes will remain the same and will not be deleted on next reboot.

Exclusions
  • When you add exclusions to the selected Folder/File no changes will be made to it even if Time Freeze is on.

7V5L2nn.png

Last edited:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
And thank you for your post on the other thread, I needed something like this that was so easy to use I'm sure I will need this alot.
I made a lot of tests with viruses i ran 50 malicious files with ransomware, blue screens, after restart sys was clean.
if u have 2 partitions virus may copy itself into it and then recopy itself back when restart

anyway great program but not replacement for AV

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I made a lot of tests with viruses i ran 50 malicious files with ransomware, blue screens, after restart sys was clean.
if u have 2 partitions virus may copy itself into it and then recopy itself back when restart

anyway great program but not replacement for AV
I'd say you wouldn't even need a AV with this always turned on. :p:D:);)

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Plus using shadow defender/time freeze will give problems when u will set some configuration on some program settings . U need to disable it /restart PC & then u can configure settings & then need to restart time freeze again. really time wasting.

Reactions: user

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've Time Freeze on our XP that we no longer use ...just in case.:rolleyes:
Shadow Defender is on both our Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 systems. In fact, it's on right now with Comodo Dragon in Sandboxie!:D It's a habit, and (like chicken soup) it couldn't hurt!:p:cool:
Fantasy, if you're seriously considering no longer using an AV, o_Owhy not just use your Windows native AV & Firewall for all those times you'll have to update security patches on a browser,;) or might want to change your background and would like it to stay that way!:):D

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I've Time Freeze on our XP that we no longer use ...just in case.:rolleyes:
Shadow Defender is on both our Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 systems. In fact, it's on right now!:D
Fantasy, if you're seriously considering no longer using an AV, o_Owhy not just use your Windows native AV & Firewall for all those times you'll have to update security patches on a browser,:cool: or might want to change your background and would like it to stay that way!;):)
Normally I'll just boot into normal mode and set the settings then go into virtual mode, but I don't really do anything else on a computer except game and forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.