Time Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
What do you mean?

Currently i am using Windows Defender, Installed Tollwiz Time Freeze.
When Time Freeze mode enabled i install Kaspersky Internet Security after installation completed the pc started hanging up(freeze), than i tried avast free same than pc freezes up.

so i removed Time Freeze.

Reactions: user

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Currently i am using Windows Defender, Installed Tollwiz Time Freeze.
When Time Freeze mode enabled i install Kaspersky Internet Security after installation completed the pc started hanging up(freeze), than i tried avast free same than pc freezes up.

so i removed Time Freeze.

You don't need av when its on.

EDIT : Depends on what you do and you still got MSE.

Last edited:

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Time freeze has some really good reviews except that I had BSOD twice when I tried to use it.....now I use shadow defender which I feel far more better than time freeze.....

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Currently Trying Shadow Defender, Nice Software.

Does Excess use of Shadow Defender can harm computer???? o_O:cool:

I am using it frequently haven't found any issue....except that 360IS is not compatible with Shadow Defender.....its weird that 360TS is compatible but not 360IS.....

Reactions: user and nissimezra

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I would love to try Shadow Defender but,these things stop me until they fix they minor issues/bugs on Windows 8.1.1 Pro X64 Bit

> Hibernate/Sleep problems
> Windows 8.1.1 Pro X64 Bit. (Fast Boot disabled)

Is PC it work perfectly on Windows 7 ect.....

Reactions: user and nissimezra

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I just deleted my antivirus because its not needed anymore.

Possibly one of the worst excuses to remove your antivirus product.

ToolWiz TimeFreeze can be utilised by both Admin and Standard user account holders, it's also something I have used before and it's a very good product. Free, simple to use and effective in the correct hands.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Possibly one of the worst excuses to remove your antivirus product.

ToolWiz TimeFreeze can be utilised by both Admin and Standard user account holders, it's also something I have used before and it's a very good product. Free, simple to use and effective in the correct hands.

I don't really need a antivirus if the only things I do are : MalwareTips, Skype, League of Legends, Other forums.

Isn't MSE always there?

So I don't really need a antivirus if I'm not downloading anything.
yes he does
It depends on what you do... Like if you download alot of things then you do, but I only browse forums and game mainly, and isn't mse turned on after you uninstall AV?

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I don't really need a antivirus if the only things I do are : MalwareTips, Skype, League of Legends, Other forums.

Isn't MSE always there?

So I don't really need a antivirus if I'm not downloading anything.

It depends on what you do... Like if you download alot of things then you do, but I only browse forums and game mainly, and isn't mse turned on after you uninstall AV?
i was browsing on a know news site by double clicking the link i had a fake AV running on my sys.

if u r using win 8 you have built in AV not on win 7

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Yes it's a good software, especially if you run it on windows 7, and yes I do recommend it especially if you are looking for "free" virtualize software, although I'd recommend shadow defender if you had any plan to buy it in the future :)

PS : Also I think it might be a bad idea for removing AV products, whatever the reason is...it's just not an excuse, you can use any Av product whatever you want, just in case...don't hurt anything, better safe than sorry but of course it's only my opinion, if you already feel comfortable with it, just stick with whatever you want :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yes it's a good software, especially if you run it on windows 7, and yes I do recommend it especially if you are looking for "free" virtualize software, although I'd recommend shadow defender if you had any plan to buy it in the future :)

PS : Also I think it might be a bad idea for removing AV products, whatever the reason is...it's just not an excuse, you can use any Av product whatever you want, just in case...don't hurt anything, better safe than sorry but of course it's only my opinion, if you already feel comfortable with it, just stick with whatever you want :)
I bought shadow defender last night, but when I enter virtual mode I get this thing that says "Shadow Mode" is there anyway to disable it?

Its like a little box in blue.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I bought shadow defender last night, but when I enter virtual mode I get this thing that says "Shadow Mode" is there anyway to disable it?

Its like a little box in blue.

The text displayed "Shadow Mode" means you are in virtualization mode, whatever you do in this state never done in your real system, it's just a reminder I believe, and yes as far as I know you can disable this text displayed if you want, I forgot how to do so, and since my PC is far away from me now (I'm using my laptop atm, and my PC that had shadow defender installed is at my home which is far away from me now) I'm afraid I can't provide a screenshot, you might want to ask Umbra :)

Reactions: Koroke San and user

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
The text displayed "Shadow Mode" means you are in virtualization mode, whatever you do in this state never done in your real system, it's just a reminder I believe, and yes as far as I know you can disable this text displayed if you want, I forgot how to do so, and since my PC is far away from me now (I'm using my laptop atm, and my PC that had shadow defender installed is at my home which is far away from me now) I'm afraid I can't provide a screenshot, you might want to ask Umbra :)
When I figure out how to remove that little box I might just use this all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.