Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I installed Tinywall this eve and ran it in learning mode so utorrent would be allowed but now it's in normal mode and some (not all) of my torrents are being blocked...how do I create a rule whether it's in win fw or tinywall so utorrent connections won't be blocked ever?
Also, how do I change the zones?

P

Plexx

Are you able to provide some screenshots?

Reason I am asking is because I never had a problem with TinyWall and uTorrent. However I have always used the 2009 release of uTorrent (version 1.8.2) since its still by far the most stable version. Version 2 onwards just kept giving me problems.

You can find the old version by googling Old Apps

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Old apps, is not something I usually recommend but contrary to some users belief, some apps despite no longer being develop or even old builds work fine as long as they are supported by the updated OS (windows 7 in this case).

This also includes QuickSys RegDefrag. Despite no longer in development, latest version works just fine.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try Whitelisting uTorrent?

I installed TinyWall and now I cannot access the internet. What happened?

... If you experience connectivity problems in some programs, use one of the "Whitelist by ..." options in the tray menu to unblock specific applications.

http://tinywall.pados.hu/faq.php

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Biozfear said:
Are you able to provide some screenshots?

Reason I am asking is because I never had a problem with TinyWall and uTorrent. However I have always used the 2009 release of uTorrent (version 1.8.2) since its still by far the most stable version. Version 2 onwards just kept giving me problems.

You can find the old version by googling Old Apps

Yea I'll get some soon, I use utorrent 1.8.5 (17414) cause I mainly deal with private trackers and this one is a fav of alot of trackers.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
@ Earth, Tried it, didn't seem to work

@NSG001 Not using peerblock yet

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Here's the error i'm getting with certain torrents

PTyTA.jpg

My settings

jyB5q.jpg

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

Exactly the same settings I had prior to remove TW.

Try using uTorrent 1.8.2 to see.

I know that 1.8.2 was also the favorite to a lot of trackers and 1.8.3 to 1.8.5 had some issues, along with DHT and other stuff.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I replaced utorrent with qbittorrent.

I also replaced it with qBittorrent, uTorrent has started to get a lot of bugs and bloatware. I was having connection problems with my firewall disabled.

qBittorrent is what uTorrent used to be. BitComet is also better than uTorrent.

It is sad to see uTorrent go down hill.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.