Jul 7, 2011
IE Security: Smartscreen Filter, ActiveX Filtering, DNT feature
Chrome Add-ons: Adblock Plus (beta)
Facebook Protection: N/A
Anti-Keylogger: Zemana Anti-Logger Pro
UAC: Default

Firewall: PCAV
Behavioral Blocker: PCAV

Virtualization/Rollback: Try & Decide (Acronis TIH)
Backup/Recovery: Acronis True Image Home 2011

Cleaning Utility: Wise Care 365
Photo Editor: Adobe Photoshop CS6

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
I would not recommend that you use IObit Malware Fighter because it failed Boizfear's Test. All you basically need is an AV, a companion, and a firewall. If you wanted an Anti-Malware Engine the upgrade to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro or Emsisoft AntiMalware.

For On-Demand scanner I recommend Emsisoft, SUPER AntiSpyware, or Hitman Pro.

I didn't know Panda had a Behavioral Blocker.

P.S. why does your profile say you have Win 7 Starter. When your config says Win 7 Home Premium

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
I am aware of IMF's low detection rate... and stuff. I chose to install their product. :D I only run HMP on every blue moon so I didn't add it to the list. I've been tempted to download EEK but... eh.

Got a new laptop and I forgot to update my profile. :D

P

Plexx

Malware Maniac said:
I would not recommend that you use IObit Malware Fighter because it failed Boizfear's Test. All you basically need is an AV, a companion, and a firewall. If you wanted an Anti-Malware Engine the upgrade to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro or Emsisoft AntiMalware.

For On-Demand scanner I recommend Emsisoft, SUPER AntiSpyware, or Hitman Pro.

I didn't know Panda had a Behavioral Blocker.

P.S. why does your profile say you have Win 7 Starter. When your config says Win 7 Home Premium

Panda Cloud Beta has IDS and firewall if memory serves me right, since I only gave it a test when Earth told me about it and was fine but since it was beta I didn't do the review yet. waiting for official. I did however posted my feedback in their forums.

@tobi:
I was a user of Acronis but the running processes even when I didn't have any scheduled tasks was just pointless.

If you want a free utility that is also quite decent, specially if you want to use the image of your OS in VM: Paragon Backup and Recovery.

As for rollback, Toolwiz Timefreeze does it's job nice and clean :)

Perhaps add Sandboxie to your config.

Finally, get Unlocker 1.9.1 (the hassle that this product saved me, you wouldnt believe!:))

D

Deleted member 178

@Tobi : you should use EEK :p

@Biozfear: Panda Cloud AV paid version has the BB, im using Acronis too, and disabled the useless services (non-stop backup), startup entries (true image monitor.exe) and the integration into Windows. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks like a great setup. I do see that you have Chrome and Firefox, but there is something that you can add to both of them, it's Ghostery :)

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
@Umbra: Idk its a pretty long wait. ;) Regarding PCAV, the Free version includes the BB and the PRO adds Behavioral Analysis. The behavioral is split into those two parts, and includes some TruPrevent techology.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I have 2 questions
1.Why not mbam or hitman for malware protection?
2.Why iobit uninstaller when revo and advanced are free?

D

Deleted member 178

Tobi said:
@Umbra: Idk its a pretty long wait. ;) Regarding PCAV, the Free version includes the BB and the PRO adds Behavioral Analysis. The behavioral is split into those two parts, and includes some TruPrevent techology.

ok, i thought that the behavioral analysis was the BB. :D

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Stranger said:
I have 2 questions
1.Why not mbam or hitman for malware protection?
1) I heard MBAM is a bit heavy when running in realtime. I never trialed the product but that is what I reviewed and I never thought I need it running anyways. I keep HMP on hand and if I never do get infected, I would activate the free trial. Like I mentioned before, I am trialing IMF to give them feedback and samples. :angel:

2) So is IU? I dislike Revo's ugly GUI and I didn't take much interest in it. I don't think I have heard of Advanced Uninstaller so... yeah. :D I do use Geek Uninstaller though.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Stranger said:

Revo Uninstaller Free/Portable doesn't (or don't?) support 64-bit applications.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Stranger said:

Revo Uninstaller Free/Portable doesn't (or don't?) support 64-bit applications.
Not sure but have read on many forums that it works with 64 bit too

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, I'm saying it doesn't uninstall programs in the C:\Program Files\. Not hard to understand. :D

P

Plexx

Only paid version uninstalls in program files folder of 64bit Architecture, as Earth said.

I have both to be honest. but on my other laptop solely using Iobit.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Update: Using Panda Cloud Pro and also upgraded to IMF Pro (gaotd six-month license).

D

Deleted member 178

lol Tobi, i was looking for a Rollback soft and i completely forgot Acronis Try and decide !!! thanks to remind me of it ^^ will reinstall ATI right away :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.