Tobi's Config

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
lol Tobi, i was looking for a Rollback soft and i completely forgot Acronis Try and decide !!! thanks to remind me of it ^^ will reinstall ATI right away :D

why you don't give a try to rollbackrx
i find its a best

D

Deleted member 178

ATI = rollback + backup + integrated WinPE at boot, all in same time

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Nvm, decided to remove IMF Pro for now. The latest v1.5 is heavier than earlier versions and the battery went down noticeably faster when off the charger.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks like your set. You have a backup options which is great :)

D

Deleted member 178

I don't know for you but on my 3-years old laptop, it don't get any slowdown, just a peak of CPU during the updates of the DB. Emsisoft did a lot to imprrove the lightness of EAM, you even have now an option to disable the optimization in case of slowdown.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Removed: PCAV Pro
Added: Avira Free Antivirus 2012 + Webguard (w/o toolbar using Raymond trick)

P

Plexx

Tobi said:
Removed: PCAV Pro
Added: Avira Free Antivirus 2012 + Webguard (w/o toolbar using Raymond trick)

Not everyone would go for Avira Free with the webguard without the toolbar. I have to find that trick myself. Google here I come!

Two questions since I haven't yet downloaded to do the review/test: Are the updates still once a day? Also does it contain the proactive defense or whatever they call it? Avira Free comparison with premium doesn't state about the proactive that is why I am asking.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Here you go: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-avira-searchfree-ask-com-toolbar-popup-nag-alert/

1) Yes, but you can change the default setting.
2) ProActive (behavioral) is only available in the paid versions but the feature does not yet support 64bit systems.

P

Plexx

Tobi said:
Here you go: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-avira-searchfree-ask-com-toolbar-popup-nag-alert/

1) Yes, but you can change the default setting.
2) ProActive (behavioral) is only available in the paid versions but the feature does not yet support 64bit systems.

Sorry got confused here on answer for question one. What do you mean change the default settings?

As for ProActive, Avira should list it on the comparison with Free and Premium.

Nevertheless, it is a product in my list to review/test.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Biozfear said:
Sorry got confused here on answer for question one. What do you mean change the default settings?
It checks for updates once per day by default.

By the way here is my answer regarding Panda URL Filtering's detection rate: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Website-Reputation-Rating-Programs?pid=63522#pid63522

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Update: Uninstalled Avira Free and went back to Panda Cloud. :) Removed Kingsoft AV as well.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
Update2: Added MBAM Pro and ESET online scanner to the setup.

Tobi

Thread author
Jul 7, 2011
How would I configure Webroot AV to run well with Panda and MBAM? ;) Or maybe that would be over doing it?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.