Told a frend of mine to try freedom vpn he made a mistake!

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Well suggested a friend of mine to try freedom VPN. So he somehow ended up at this website
Code:
https://freedomvpn.info/
Which ok sort of my fault: I wasn't exactly specific about which freedom VPN :confused: so he paid the 11$ or whatever and the next day he tells me its a total ripoff. I was like umm no its not I've been testing it. So he showed me the site ended up being that site. Just wanted to put it out there. He said it seemed legit thats why he did it. Turns out every time he tries to sign into the vpn it just does nothing and keeps asking for his pw... Thought that was rather strange he asked me to fix it. I said fix what lol! Nothing I can do if it won't connect. Maybe someone here can verify it. He asked "why don't you give it a try and see if you can get it working" I was like Umm no I'm not paying 11$ to get ripped off. I guess I should have been specific and told him f-secure freedom vpn which is what I told him he should test but figured I'd throw this out there since it seems to be a scam if you can't connect to it at all. Wondered if anyone had any information on this VPN.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Well, I'm totally speechless seeing that. But honestly you should provide link for him, instead of just telling him.. U know even MalwareTips also have a fake webby; if you just tell them without showing them, they'll fall into it.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Btw, I never had the need to use a VPN, but lately there is this bad-ass site that doesn't register you for the following reasons (my reasons in BOLD):
1. malware or spam bots infecting your PC or (none)
2. another system sharing your ip (got housemates sharing the connection, so basically I need to get on a dial-up connection!)
3. ip address is being masked by use of Tor, use of a proxy server, VPN (had to use HOLA, since I failed Step 2)

and finally, how is HOLA?

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Well, I'm totally speechless seeing that. But honestly you should provide link for him, instead of just telling him.. U know even MalwareTips also have a fake webby; if you just tell them without showing them, they'll fall into it.
I know I know, Sooo true I kind felt bad about not being more specific...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.