Hot Take Top 5 cool features coming soon to Windows 11

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
With 2023 entering its second half, it is time to pay closer attention to the next Windows 11 feature update that should arrive in a few months. Currently known as "version 23H2," the upcoming release should introduce several notable and long-anticipated features.

It is easy to lose track of new features and major changes since Microsoft releases new Windows 11 preview builds each week. Therefore, here are five great features the next OS update should introduce.

Everything mentioned below is available for testing in the most recent Windows 11 Dev builds. If something is tempting you to jump from the stable release to the Dev Channel, remember that preview builds are unsupported and prone to bugs. Also, some changes are rolling out gradually and require either a lucky ticket or the ViVeTool app for manual enablement.

With all warnings covered, here are our five favorite features coming soon to Windows 11, plus the traditional bonus wallpaper.

Full article

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Who wants to back up and restore just your Store apps--if in fact you even have some installed? Can we opt out of some of this if we don't use the feature? Like "improved file archiving." And I and prob. multitudes of others already have something to control rgb--Dynamic Lighting sounds like more bloat to me. I'd way rather have a more flexible taskbar, which is ignored by Microsoft. Apparently 'cool" is in the eyes of the beholder.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Who wants to back up and restore just your Store apps--if in fact you even have some installed? Can we opt out of some of this if we don't use the feature? Like "improved file archiving." And I and prob. multitudes of others already have something to control rgb--Dynamic Lighting sounds like more bloat to me. I'd way rather have a more flexible taskbar, which is ignored by Microsoft. Apparently 'cool" is in the eyes of the beholder.
Agree totally: Nothing of interest there for me :confused:
:confused:

Reactions: Freki123

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Really? Still not an explorer that is on par with e.g. Q-Dir but I can change RGB? Maybe start with the basics and then add bling bling :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.