Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard
N

Noxx

Thread author
How viable is cryptoprevent nowadays? Isn't it an oldie software? I'm just not sure how up-to-date it is with the latest ransomware despite the fact it claims to be.

Edit: I've been looking at WinAntiRansom and that looks like a solid option, as well.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
How viable is cryptoprevent nowadays? Isn't it an oldie software? I'm just not sure how up-to-date it is with the latest ransomware.
Group policy based so if you use default config it wont protect against every ransom.
Still handy but one cannot simply rely on one option to plug holes in it.

A

Alkajak

Thread author
The switch from Firefox to Chrome was clutch. I am more of a Firefox fan in terms of UI and everything, but I recently jumped onto Chrome as well. No question that Chrome is the most secure and fastest right now.

Sophos Home detection is very low from the (short) time I spent with it. You could easily get more out of another free product like Comodo, for example.

Reactions: Noxx

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Please, lets all respect OP's thread and not "hijack" and go offtopic and chitchat. If you must, either start a conversation or open a topic in the appropriate forum. I have moved all posts related to his incident. Next time however they will simply be deleted.
Thank you for your consideration.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Extension.
Free or Paid.

I am running Desktop Client Premium on Win 10 64. Its works fine for me plus I like the GUI too...clear & good. By testing I find Austria Server works good for me...speed, websites, etc...

Why not give a try to Desktop Client?

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Free or Paid.

I am running Desktop Client Premium on Win 10 64. Its works fine for me plus I like the GUI too...clear & good. By testing I find Austria Server works good for me...speed, websites, etc...

Why not give a try to Desktop Client?
I only want it for Chrome and its the free version.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I only want it for Chrome and its the free version.
Zenmate Extension on Chrome adds a background process. You will see "Chrome" in TaskManager - Startup. When I used Zen extension I noticed this on Win 10 64.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
On tablet I use hola vpn perhaps you wanna look at that for chrome. I used it before and worked fine on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.