Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
cyscon Security Shield

This addon
  • allows you to report sites which seem to abuse your personal data to protect yourself and others
  • detects data security breaches and notifies you that your login data may have been stolen
  • detects whether your computer became a member of a botnet because it was infected by trojan software
  • detects sites which distribute malware and warns you before your computer becomes infected
  • warns you if the website you are visiting has delivered malware via infected banner ads (malvertising) over the past few days
  • detects phishing sites
  • detects attempts to steal your personal data
No harm in trying the extension, but you are already covered by the above with your current security setup. If you use Opera, then read this.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Removed: Cyscon Security Shield, couldn't connect to its server so it was rendered ueless.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
spyshelter free but the hips are limited. There's a firewall that is considered hips too believe is privatefirewall iirc. Aside from that comodo firewall. Outpostbis another one which is still usable.

with norton security u don't really need a hips.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
spyshelter free but the hips are limited. There's a firewall that is considered hips too believe is privatefirewall iirc. Aside from that comodo firewall. Outpostbis another one which is still usable.

with norton security u don't really need a hips.
I want a HIPS program that doesn't incorprate a firewall o_O

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Removed: Panic Button.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Considering: WinPatrol Free

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I want to add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit because of my premium license but am I right in saying it is incompatible with Norton?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why did you consider that you need to add an HIPS application to your current setup?

Norton Security
Zemana AntiMalware Premium
Zemana AntiLogger Premium
SpywareBlaster (Immunization)
Crypto Prevent (Immunization)
Norton ConnectSafe (Norton DNS)

If the above is not enough for you, then I suggest limiting your User Rights from Admin to Standard. :rolleyes:

Have you had a look at System Explorer ( System Explorer - Keep Your System Under Control )?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I have never tried this myself. @Tornado, have you tested if disabling the auto-allow settings in Zemana Antilogger premium, would make it act like a hips similar to spyshelter?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
After Norton runs out, switching to Sophos Home and when my Heimdal Pro runs out I will use the free version to keep my software up-to date.
If your use of heidmal for software updates then you have other programs that suit that field more.
Norton should be a year license as you said you bought it so please bear in mind that in a year time any solution can change meaning Sophos can go from good to bad.

I did go through your full list of changes and setup. Do you really think overloading everything into it is worth it? For one there is system impact. Second is that nearly 50% of the solutions you have are basically obsolete if your browsing habits are ok.

Perhaps when you wish to test new software and learn hoe they operate, you should run a virtual machine for it.

When you have too much loaded in the system unless you know how to manually troubleshoot issues on your own you are prone to conflicts that are not visible at first or easy to spot it.
Just a suggestion.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Removed: Firefox
Added: Chrome with HTTPS Everywhere, IDM Integration Module, Norton Identity Safe, Norton Security Toolbar and uBlock Origin.

Reactions: Alkajak
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.