Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Removed: Adguard for Windows.
why would you remove the software version? any specific issues?

Edit: you can ignore the original question. I posted the question as you replied.

But would be interesting to know your thoughts on Adguard installer. There is a 6 months promo still available IIRC

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
This! Also if you don't mind using the beta version you can have a key for that. Check their forum.
why would you remove the software version? any specific issues?

Edit: you can ignore the original question. I posted the question as you replied.

But would be interesting to know your thoughts on Adguard installer. There is a 6 months promo still available IIRC

Last edited by a moderator:

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Removed: Adguard for Windows.

Why would that be?
Probably because Adguard uses a small ammount of IP's when you hide you real one, and they're used with malicious intentions. By the way, you got a lifetime license and removed the software?

EDIT: refreshed the website and saw the answer for the last question.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Probably because Adguard uses a small ammount of IP's when you hide you real one, and they're used with malicious intentions. By the way, you got a lifetime license and removed the software?

EDIT: refreshed the website and saw the answer for the last question.
There's no reason to stop using it just because of that. Kinda like how everyone are free to use Tor even though a lot of bad guys are known to use it as well.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
There's no reason to stop using it just because of that. Kinda like how everyone are free to use Tor even though a lot of bad guys are known to use it as well.
Sorry, I quoted that wrong way. I meant he would keep getting blocked from this site because Adguard uses just a little amount of ips when hiding the real one, and pretty sure they were used with malicious intentions. The removing stuff was a question to another statement he wrote.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
i think that is a valid reason to stop using, because it was indirectly obtained illegally. That is why I provided info on the 6months promo.

If a key is obtained originally illegally, it should not be used once its origin is made aware and the company behind the solution should act upon and take the necessary measures.

Tor is not obtained illegally. It is however one of the option to go into deeper web, which unfortunately I do not agree and it should be actually removed from public but that is a topic for another day and thread.
I think we've all misunderstood posts. If i'm not mistaken, Azure thought i suggested to remove the software because it had just a few ip's on its database as to use when it hides the user's, when i was actually explaining Tornado why he was getting blacklisted on this site. And he told me getting blacklisted on a site because of a little ip database was not a solid reason to remove the software. (we all got mixed because i misquoted Tornado's post)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
My apologies then I must have misunderstood and thought it was in reference to the license key issue.
It's okay. This kind of misunderstandings can happen, whether online or real-life.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
guys could we please stop the discussion of the adguard premium "giveaway" @exterminator20 specifficaly asked some members here ( including me ) to forget the incident and to NOT speak about this in public! if you want to speak about it , please do so in a PM thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Update: Certain information corrected.

Does Norton's 'delay at startup' feature work? I want MCShield but it really lags startup.

UPDATE: Disabled Adguard and added uBlock Origin.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
i am trying to understand what sites you surf to be switching to ublock o, just because of malware blocking features.
Not because of that, but that is a good feature - I switched because I like its lightness AND features.

ublock.PNG

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Is Cyscon Security Shield worth using in Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.