Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Recently found out that Adguard has a free (limited) version on Android that will block browser ads (which is exactly what I wanted). I saw posting on MT that Adguard 6 was released and the only reason why I had stopped using it was version 5 giving me troubles (breaking HTTPS sites, somehow killing off downloads, etc). Very impressed with version 6 so much so that I recommended to family member (and they've decided to use it). Works well for them.

Running light, working great, and no problems after 2 days of use. Older version liked to slow down internet (even if there weren't many filters) however this version is completely the opposite. I use Adguard for filtering bulk of tracks, ads, and rely on it to an extent to block malicious web pages. Works very well for pop ups as well. I turned off all filters in uBlock Origin and only use it for custom filtering (I find it more convenient - plus Adguard Assistant seems to only work on Edge, IE, Chrome, and Firefox).

Currently running on a 180 day trial but will probably pay for it.

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I tried using it on my android phone but would always loose internet connection after a few minutes. I love the desktop version!
Strange we never encountered any issue like that
pls do reply what android u r using ??and how are you using the app and what FILTERING mode ? is it HTTP or VPN filtering..
@avatar is an awesome guy and he's from Adguard Team...so he'll be able to assist you better....

regards

D

Deleted member 2913

Where is the offline installer on official site?
I couldn't find the offline installer on official site.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Everthing works smoothly with Adguard 6 untill a few days ago seems my ip got banned @ MalwareTips.
I think it was a VPN issue but further investigation reveals it was the result of the Hide IP option found in Adguard.
Disabling it i was allowed back to this forum. Anyone else have a similar problem?

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Could you please answer some questions about Android issue?

1. Which phone do you use?
2. What's your cell provider?

LG G2 (At least I did)
AT&T

I stopped using Ad Guard on my phone because of this. The phone was rooted and I did use Ad Away but I turned that off before using Ad Guard.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Everthing works smoothly with Adguard 6 untill a few days ago seems my ip got banned @ MalwareTips.
I think it was a VPN issue but further investigation reveals it was the result of the Hide IP option found in Adguard.
Disabling it i was allowed back to this forum. Anyone else have a similar problem?
Yes there have been a couple who have.We have had to ban some IP's because of banned users who continually try to make new accounts for the soul purpose of causing problems on the site.We also ban IP's of spammers.
It is no fault of Adguard.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.02.14_08h46m07s_001_.png
I tried using it on my android phone but would always loose internet connection after a few minutes. I love the desktop version!
I never have had a connection issue with Adguard 5 or 6 on Android rooted or stock

Reactions: Hangtooth and Rishi

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
i guess those banned members are using the Stealth features of Adguard. So users like us are "banned".
Or that IP.I logged out and enabled stealth mode and selected hide IP in Adguard 6 and logged back on without problems.

Reactions: Rishi

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
hello

i have question how is with bank web. Adguard gives himself certification. Is it safe or not ? Could You give me advise please.

regards

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
hello

i have question how is with bank web. Adguard gives himself certification. Is it safe or not ? Could You give me advise please.

regards
I would say: exclude this website from Adguard filtering.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.