Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

Nick2000

Oct 24, 2014
I dunno. It seemed to slow my streaming and had continuous breaks in video on a lot of sites. Have now installed Adblock Plus for IE. Adblock seems totally non intrusive and works fine plus its free to :). Though have to mention here that am running a combination of Kaspersky Internet Multi Device 2015, Malwarebytes Premium, SpyShelter, Hitmanpro and Adblock Plus.

Balconybar

Aug 20, 2015
Hi, great review thanks. I've been using Adguard extension on Firefoxand Chrome, and now downloaded Adguard for Windows.
One question I have that I haven't seen addressed elsewhere is: Should I use both the Firefox extension and Adguard for Windows, or just one or the other? I have found the trial Windows Adguard to use up quite a lot of memory in the last few days.
I love the program but could someone please let me know if there's a suggested way to go: extension or Windows program or both?
Thanks!

Reactions: done

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
A really nice product and very cheap itself. You can buy a life-time premium license at very cheap price. I use this product for some years and love it. Before I used ad muncher as adguard was buggy program and slowed down my Internet/computer speed. But adguard team made much effort since that time. Moreover, everyone can get a license for 1 year absolutely free by inviting 4 friends and installing adguard on their computers.

Last edited:

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
I love this product! I bought a lifetime license about a month or less ago and it's been working wonderfully! I don't see the issues people talk about here but everybody has a different configuration. Mine is smooth and I suffer no struggles on startup time or browsing issues.

What's kind of non sense is how people disqualify or treat a program as bad just because it has 1 "bad" thing over the excellent or significant other features....

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
What is the resource usage for this program? I'm currently using CIS + HMPA on my laptop @ 58% RAM usage (4GB RAM). Just opening 2 Chrome tab I'm running out of RAM (goes up to 90%).

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Thanks for the tip about integration mode - I really love how it works and am now using it on Firefox and Chrome.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I dunno. It seemed to slow my streaming and had continuous breaks in video on a lot of sites. Have now installed Adblock Plus for IE. Adblock seems totally non intrusive and works fine plus its free to :). Though have to mention here that am running a combination of Kaspersky Internet Multi Device 2015, Malwarebytes Premium, SpyShelter, Hitmanpro and Adblock Plus.

I see where your problems were...Kaspersky + MBAM. Adguard doesn't gets along with this two in realime.

Loves the new Adguard 6.0 much slicker than the previous build. Adguard + HMPA + ZAM in realltime. No more AV's for me.

Reactions: Hangtooth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.