Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
really? nothing at all?
In fact, some of us would say that like uBlock Origin, the RAM consumed would be much less when visiting a site loaded with ads and trackers - Twitter is the best example. Like @SHvFl said...try the 6 month trial, there's always one or the other floating around. Give it a few days before making a decision, and don't load it with 101 filters. 6-7 are more than enough to do the job.

D

Deleted member 2913

[Adguard for Windows] v6.1.294 R3 release candidate

It's something to do with the certificate they use i believe but the ignore me so not sure. They didn't even ask to check my pc even though i offered.
I am trying latest stable release And it seems they have fixed the cert issue i.e for some HTTPS websites, I use to get ssl error & had to reload the page to work But with latest stable release, those websites are working fine here. And everything seems fine.

I am trying defaults But have added Spyware filter & enabled "Dont filter websites with EV certs"...this I always do.
I have kept "WFP Driver" option disabled.
It seems if you have a security software installed incompatible with Adguard, Adguard will by default disable its "WFP Driver" option on install.
I have tried with Kaspersky IS 2017 & Avast IS latest stable.
With KIS 2017 installed, Adguard "WFP Driver" option was disabled by default on install.
With AIS installed, Adguard "WFP Driver" option was enabled by default on install (As per avatar, Adguard is much better compatible with Avast)
I think with Eset IS installed too, Adguard "WFP Driver" option is disabled by default on install.

If you give a try, let us know your experience.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I am trying latest stable release And it seems they have fixed the cert issue i.e for some HTTPS websites, I use to get ssl error & had to reload the page to work But with latest stable release, those websites are working fine here. And everything seems fine.

I am trying defaults But have added Spyware filter & enabled "Dont filter websites with EV certs"...this I always do.
I have kept "WFP Driver" option disabled.
It seems if you have a security software installed incompatible with Adguard, Adguard will by default disable its "WFP Driver" option on install.
I have tried with Kaspersky IS 2017 & Avast IS latest stable.
With KIS 2017 installed, Adguard "WFP Driver" option was disabled by default on install.
With AIS installed, Adguard "WFP Driver" option was enabled by default on install (As per avatar, Adguard is much better compatible with Avast)
I think with Eset IS installed too, Adguard "WFP Driver" option is disabled by default on install.

If you give a try, let us know your experience.
Might try it soon with WFP off. Is the only thing i didn't try. Thanks.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
As for proper compatibility with AVs like Kaspersky and ESET, it will take some time (or even more) to be released, as avatar had stated in the Wilders forum that they haven't even put their "fix" in alpha testing stage yet. I really hope they will release the fix within the 1st or 2nd quarter next year.

D

Deleted member 2913

As for proper compatibility with AVs like Kaspersky and ESET, it will take some time (or even more) to be released, as avatar had stated in the Wilders forum that they haven't even put their "fix" in alpha testing stage yet. I really hope they will release the fix within the 1st or 2nd quarter next year.
I am trying with Avast IS now And no probs yet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.