Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Another software I have used from the start, and have found it better than the rest.
It's the only one in it's class that is system wide so I know I have added protection.
None of the others are system wide, AdGuard is in a class all it's own.
No slowdowns here either, using FF and AdGuard.

D

Deleted member 2913

CG,

I have added Adguard folder in Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 Exclusion And added Adguard.exe, Adguard.Tools.exe, AdguardSvc.exe & certutil.exe as Trusted Applications in KIS.

Is it safe to do the above?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
and extensions .
You mean these extensions?
QhpuIw9.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Finally uninstalled Adguard Desktop...couple mentioned probs like log out from sites, sites loading loop, etc...
May try next version...

Back to uBlock Origin...no probs

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
really? nothing at all? i am so tempted buying it then
Try the 6 month trial i guess. It sure doesn't create load but i personally have issues with it and the devs ignore me. Used it for more than a year without issues though so it depends.

They will have deals at Christmas probably. Never buy something you didn't try because not all systems are the same.

reystar

Level 3
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Try the 6 month trial i guess. It sure doesn't create load but i personally have issues with it and the devs ignore me. Used it for more than a year without issues though so it depends.

They will have deals at Christmas probably. Never buy something you didn't try because not all systems are the same.
What issues did you have?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
guys, does adguard slow down the system and stuff?
Not even a little, I am a gamer and I pay close attention to things like this when adding software
and I can tell you it has no effect at all on system speed. It can have adverse effects on your browsing
speed if you clog it up by selecting too many filters. There is no need to do this though as it will add the
appropriate filter for what ever region your browsing takes you to.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
What security software you run?
Your security software scan HTTPS?
Emsisoft is the only one that should touch https.
Rehips doesn't, WFC is windows Firewall basically.
Nothing else in always running. Rest of the programs i use are on demand.

The issue is not that i have an issue but that they didn't even bother getting in touch to see if they figure it out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.