Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
WHAT??? many add-ons and software can POSSIBLY slow down your start-up. Adguard, in my recent experience, has not slowed my start-up and if it would, I ask you, do you really need a few seconds off your start-up time??? Adguard will free you of pesky adds & pop-ups which will more than compensate for the 1 or 2 seconds (if any) that you would sacrifice on start-up. Just think about that for awhile....

I stated this like 2 years ago when I was using an older version of Adguard.

The newer version, however, contain many fixes over the version I was using at that time.

FYI : It doesn't slow down startup at all anymore. Newer version(s) fixed the problem.

Last edited:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Does it slow down browsing speed and video streaming (Youtube, Netflix)?
I have never noticed any slowdowns while streaming video's from YouTube or other services.
The latest version is also really light on resources.
tgV0E8a.png

D

Deleted member 2913

I posted on Wilders, is it possible guys?

"avatar,

Settings - Extension - Is it possible to do HTTPS filtering with Adguard Assistant i.e an option "Filter HTTPS" under Extension And HTTPS filtering done with Adguard Assistant i.e like Adguard Browser Extension And no need Adguard Certificates install for HTTPS filtering.

Basically I mean ads, etc... blocked on HTTPS websites with Adguard Assistant like Adguard Browser Extension. So users who dont want to use the current HTTPS filtering can use Adguard Assistant HTTPS filtering that will work like Adguard Browser Extension.

Is it possible?"

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 55474
D

Deleted member 2913

I posted on Wilders, is it possible guys?

"avatar,

Settings - Extension - Is it possible to do HTTPS filtering with Adguard Assistant i.e an option "Filter HTTPS" under Extension And HTTPS filtering done with Adguard Assistant i.e like Adguard Browser Extension And no need Adguard Certificates install for HTTPS filtering.

Basically I mean ads, etc... blocked on HTTPS websites with Adguard Assistant like Adguard Browser Extension. So users who dont want to use the current HTTPS filtering can use Adguard Assistant HTTPS filtering that will work like Adguard Browser Extension.

Is it possible?"
"It is possible to filter HTTPS websites with browser extension and leave everything else to the program, indeed."

D

Deleted member 2913

Is it safe to exlude Adguard Desktop in security software, in my case Kaspersky Internet Security 2017?

In KIS 2017, I have Exluded Adguard folder And have added Adguard.exe, Adguard.Tools.exe, AdguardSvc.exe & certutil.exe as Trusted applications.

D

Deleted member 2913

I have mentioned the following to avatar on Wilders.

Any help from you guys?

"avatar,

I am having prob with Adguard Desktop & Chrome 64 Bits. On HTTPS website, frequent log out (certs appear fine i.e those websites show Adguard certs).
No probs on Internet Explorer, Firefox Portable & Edge.

Win 10 64 Pro
Adguard Desktop defaults, EV certs filter disabled & WFP Driver enabled.
Chrome 64 Bits (QUIC protocol disabled)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (HTTPS filtering disabled)

UPDATE - I tried disabling WFP Driver & restarting the system But the same frequent log out prob on Chrome.

UPDATE - I excluded Adguard folder And added Adguard.exe, Adguard.Tools.exe, AdguardSvc.exe & certutil.exe as Trusted applications in KIS But the same frequent log out prob on Chrome.

UPDATE - Exiting Adguard or disabling HTTPS filtering solves the prob.

UPDATE - Reinstalled certs & restarted the system But the same frequent log out prob on Chrome.

UPDATE - I have 2 extensions, Internet Download Manager & Kaspersky Protection Extension. Tried disabling both But the same frequent log out prob on Chrome.

UPDATE - Tried disabling Kaspersky But the same frequent log out prob on Chrome."

D

Deleted member 2913

Its confusing...

I am trying 4 HTTPS websites -
MalwareTips, mydigitallife forum, freedownloadmanager forum & download.hr

No probs on FDM forum & download.hr

MalwareTips & MDL sometimes works fine & sometimes frequent log out i.e I log in & click any link or hover mouse over alerts/conversations & it logs out.

D

Deleted member 2913

Asked because i have issues with Chrome beta. Some https sites give me and ssl error. Guess yours is something else.
Its not Chrome Beta prob But Adguard Desktop prob.

I too get ssl error on some sites And refreshing site works.
I had asked avatar about this here on MT And he had mentioned a reason for this regards Adguard prob, dont remember now?
I will try to find that Adguard thread here...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.