Adguard for Windows

Product name
Adguard for Windows
Pros
  • See review
CONS
Memory usage is a bit high (this has been dealt with the latest Beta)
sometimes the GUI seemed sluggish while opening
BOTTOM LINE
See review

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
yes but when I exclude this webside shows still adguard certification.
Could You write me how should i do this maybe I am doing something wrong.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Yes there have been a couple who have.We have had to ban some IP's because of banned users who continually try to make new accounts for the soul purpose of causing problems on the site.We also ban IP's of spammers.
It is no fault of Adguard.

Yes Umbra got it right, the fake proxy fowarded for is used by Adguard's Stealth mode.
It's being blacklisted by MT.

Mine is: 197.231.221.211 .

I believed the proxy ip used are the same for Umbra or probably everyone else.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
You should add the website to HTTPS exclusions.

fas7FGg.png

D

Deleted member 2913

Most banks use EV certificates. So check the option in Adguard "Dont filter sites with EV certificates".
Others you have to put in the exclusion option.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Most sites that have to do with a lot of money provide EV certificates so as @yesnoo suggested first try just enabling do not filter websites with EV certificate first. Remember after you enable it restart your browser for it to work.
hello

i have question how is with bank web. Adguard gives himself certification. Is it safe or not ? Could You give me advise please.

regards

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
LG G2 (At least I did)
AT&T

I stopped using Ad Guard on my phone because of this. The phone was rooted and I did use Ad Away but I turned that off before using Ad Guard.

Hm, this could also be caused by AT&T, I've observed some really weird issues with it. If you have some free time, could you please help us with researching this issue?

The only thing I need is a detailed log from Adguard app.

Here is an instruction on how to collect the log:
Collecting a full log on Adguard for Android - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Just PM me the ticket ID (you'll get it in an autoreply email).

I never have had a connection issue with Adguard 5 or 6 on Android rooted or stock

Ah, with Android you can't be sure in anything, hundreds of different devices types with hundreds of different firmwares, every issue is a detective story.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
i have question how is with bank web. Adguard gives himself certification. Is it safe or not ? Could You give me advise please.

We have a pretty big list of websites excluded from HTTPS filtering by default.

If your bank is not on the list, please PM me the domain name, we'll add it.

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Hm, this could also be caused by AT&T, I've observed some really weird issues with it. If you have some free time, could you please help us with researching this issue?

The only thing I need is a detailed log from Adguard app.

Here is an instruction on how to collect the log:
Collecting a full log on Adguard for Android - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Just PM me the ticket ID (you'll get it in an autoreply email).

Ah, with Android you can't be sure in anything, hundreds of different devices types with hundreds of different firmwares, every issue is a detective story.

Sorry I don't use my LG G2 as my phone anymore. I am now on a iPhone 6s Plus.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Sorry I don't use my LG G2 as my phone anymore. I am now on a iPhone 6s Plus.

Oh, anyway, thank you for the information and congrats with a new great device:)

Btw, some news about Adguard for iOS.

We have decided not to monetize the current app and leave it free.

This means:
1. We have started working on a "pro" version which will be able to block in-apps ads & tracking.
2. We will open the source of the current app along with v1.1 release.

Reactions: ng4ever

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Oh, anyway, thank you for the information and congrats with a new great device:)

Btw, some news about Adguard for iOS.

We have decided not to monetize the current app and leave it free.

This means:
1. We have started working on a "pro" version which will be able to block in-apps ads & tracking.
2. We will open the source of the current app along with v1.1 release.

Is there anyway to beta test or alpha test this new Ad Guard for iOS ?

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Oh ok. Do you have any idea how long it will take? Months, Years ?

It depends. There're two different API we can use for this.

First API is specifically for content blocking and second is custom VPN API (just like the one we use on Android).

If first API is really ok, then it will be pretty easy and it will take a couple of months.
If it is not ok, then we'll have to implement a local VPN and this will take half a year or even more.

Reactions: Ink and ng4ever

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
It depends. There're two different API we can use for this.

First API is specifically for content blocking and second is custom VPN API (just like the one we use on Android).

If first API is really ok, then it will be pretty easy and it will take a couple of months.
If it is not ok, then we'll have to implement a local VPN and this will take half a year or even more.

Ok thanks

D

Deleted member 178

There are lots of domains by default, that's it.

those should be added:

Code:
www.vietcombank.com.vn
www.ingdirect.fr
www.bnpparibas.com
www.hsbc.fr

Last edited by a moderator:

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
Code:
pekao24.pl
toyotabank.pl
eurobank.pl
raiffeisen.com.pl

Last edited by a moderator:

melen1717

Level 1
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
I don't recommend adguard for windows as it slows down startup :mad:
WHAT??? many add-ons and software can POSSIBLY slow down your start-up. Adguard, in my recent experience, has not slowed my start-up and if it would, I ask you, do you really need a few seconds off your start-up time??? Adguard will free you of pesky adds & pop-ups which will more than compensate for the 1 or 2 seconds (if any) that you would sacrifice on start-up. Just think about that for awhile....

Reactions: enaph

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.