Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Considering: Removing EMET (Norton has Anti-Exploit) and adding NVT EXE Radar Pro (BETA because it's free).

N

Noxx

Thread author
NVT EXE Radar Pro is amazing once you whitelist your usual programs. It's also extremely light, and performance is very important to me so that's good.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Update 11/03/2016:

Removed: Microsoft EMET

Norton Security has an Anti-Exploit.

Reactions: Noxx

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Has anybody tested Norton's Anti-Exploit feature?
Are you referring to PEP? if so, its been included as of version 22.5.4 or something like that, released sometime in september last year.
Works fine but many users complained about incompatibility with EMET and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit IIRC.

You should have the the option to disable PEP if you wish now. Before you couldn't.
here is some reading material.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Are you referring to PEP? if so, its been included as of version 22.5.4 or something like that, released sometime in september last year.
Works fine but many users complained about incompatibility with EMET and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit IIRC.

You should have the the option to disable PEP if you wish now. Before you couldn't.
here is some reading material.
This:
SEP.PNG

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Does it work by injectiong its .dll files into protected files?
cannot confirm or deny as I do not have NS installed on a VM and VMs are being used with VIPRE IS Pro and McAfee ES 10.

You will need to test it yourself or wait for someone who has NS installed and has the knowledge to answer. An alternative is going to Norton forums with your question.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Last time I checked, enabling the Hide your IP address on Adguard would make you blocked from this site. So, you wouldn't even be able to access the site much less enter a giveaway.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Removed: Adguard for Windows.
Last time I checked, enabling the Hide your IP address on Adguard would make you blocked from this site. So, you wouldn't even be able to access the site much less enter a giveaway.
Why would that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.