Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge: N/A.
Internet Explorer: Norton IdentitySafe.
Vivaldi: uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Norton Toolbar, Norton IdentitySafe and Norton Default Search Engine.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Disk Clean-up, Norton Security, Revo Uninstaller (MT Giveaway), Internet Download Manager (MT Giveaway).
File and Photo backup
OneDrive and File History
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
MC Shield and SAS are not needed when you have Avast and ZAM.

also i think you forgot to delete my virtual OSes list from the VM section :D
MCShield is very light about 1 MB RAM until its scanning, I always rely on external storage so.. SAS I have the free version so it won't run and I use its file deletion and other tools :) And I will change the VM section.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
that is good cleaning ^^
Flash players are not needed because I use Chrome, they will just make my system more vulnerable, same thing with the outdated Java update and Shockwave and Silverlight, like you said MCShield and SUPERAntiSpyware are good, but not needed... I removed my favourite browser Firefox because I wanted to remove all Flash Players, when I used the Firefox official uninstaller, ZAM detected it as malicious and deleted it, now I know why people have it set to automatically quarantine not delete. So I had to delete it manually which is a pain...

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Windows Backup is solid and reliable, however it might be lacking in various options which are present in more specialized backup software, such as Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper. (check my other post in this thread) Although usually you will only need the full backup image feature, different backup software offer additional options which might enhance the overall procedure for creating that image (e.g. better compression, custom splitting, incremental modifications to the image, such as adding specific files to it, etc)

Also, as always, be sure to have at least one clean, full system image, so that you can use it to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you backed it up. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Windows Backup is solid and reliable, however it might be lacking in various options which are present in more specialized backup software, such as Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper. (check my [url='https://malwaretips.com/posts/453690]other post[/url] in this thread) Although usually you will only need the full backup image feature, different backup software offer additional options which might enhance the overall procedure for creating that image (e.g. better compression, custom splitting, incremental modifications to the image, such as adding specific files to it, etc)

Also, as always, be sure to have at least one clean, full system image, so that you can use it to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you backed it up. :p
I don't have large enough external storage...

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Hello, I wish to find a free anti-executable which is light on the system, any ideas?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Anti-Malware Reviewer : Either go to NVT Radar Pro or Policy based Appguard or Voodoshield. These are so far 3 reliable anti-exe behavior that con sort your needs; their performance should be optimize very well on majority of productive systems.

MiguelPratas819

Level 2
Verified
Jul 8, 2015
Flash players are not needed because I use Chrome, they will just make my system more vulnerable, same thing with the outdated Java update and Shockwave and Silverlight, like you said MCShield and SUPERAntiSpyware are good, but not needed... I removed my favourite browser Firefox because I wanted to remove all Flash Players, when I used the Firefox official uninstaller, ZAM detected it as malicious and deleted it, now I know why people have it set to automatically quarantine not delete. So I had to delete it manually which is a pain...
Good clean up indeed...But Chrome uses Flash Player also which is also vulnerable.the diference is that It comes integrated in it.
BTW Firefox doesnt need Flash Player...I actually like more its HTML5 Funcionality than Chrome's one
Once again sorry bad english

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chrome uses Flash Player also which is also vulnerable.
Security in Chrome - Google Chrome - Browser Security
  • Safe Browsing
  • Sandbox
  • Auto-Updates
Chromium Blog: The road to safer, more stable, and flashier Flash
By porting Flash to PPAPI we’ve been able to achieve what was previously impossible with NPAPI for the 99.9% of Chrome users that rely on Flash. Windows Flash is now inside a sandbox that’s as strong as Chrome’s native sandbox, and dramatically more robust than anything else available.
upload_2015-12-30_18-3-44.png

Google has killed Flash advertising in Chrome through 'intelligent filtering'
the company has turned Flash adverts into static images to protect against potential malicious code injections.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
AOMEI Backupper compresses the file to around 30%. If you have a 80GB C drive, the backup file is around 50GB~

Go to amazon, and get a 250GB external hard drive for under $50. (If it's USB 3.0 that's perfect)

:)
I'll look into it :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
Changed Configuration Name

To: AMR's Complete Security Configuration 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.