On Sale! Total AV Antivirus 2024 / 4Dev./ 19€ / Special Discount

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.totalav.com/ultra-deal-new-2?exit
How to get a license
Special Deal SAVE 80€
Giveaway Terms
https://www.totalav.com/ultra-deal-new-2?exit

Brownie2019

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2019
Save 80 € Off Today Award-Winning Antivirus
Antivirus Protection & Internet Security 2024
Real-Time Antivirus Protection
Protects Windows, Mac®, Android & iOS Devices
Safeguard Your Identity & Online Purchases
All The Features You Need To Protect Your Digital Life.
Our antivirus is trusted by millions of people across the world, with hourly virus definition updates, real-time protection, and outstanding malware testing performance scores.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
It's just like Avira, but without the Cloud (SDK engine only).
And Malwarebytes classifies it as a PUP... not too confident :D

Capture d'écran 2024-04-03 215431.png

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The owner of TotalAV and a host of other companies, Christopher Stephen Philips is not very passionate about cybersecurity, he is like a business piranha that grabs every opportunity to make money. According to Business Insider:

9. Chris Phillips​

Net worth: £70 million ($100.82 million)

Phillips created and sold his first million-pound business Dot5Hosting when he was a teenager.

However, he has expanded his portfolio of investments into property and leisure through his company Just Develop It. He currently owns restaurants, a country club, and a nightclub, which is estimated to be worth £30 million net assets by the end of 2015.
He became a millionaire at a very young age. The product is not on the same level as other competitors. The aggressive marketing tactics and multitude of SPAM email sent to users, as well as the same product being sold as TotalAV, PCScanGuard and other brands has drawn negative attention. Some tactics, such as offering a “free AV” which later on turns out to be just a scan with no option of removal have been criticised not once or twice.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I strongly advise people to avoid this. Not only are there much better alternatives - even for free, which is reason enough to avoid it, it's a subscription service that renews in 12 months at full price.
I agree. I seem to remember some bad things I have read about this thingy, and the price make someone start to laugh hysterical. Thinking that you can use Eset or Kaspersky or even a free Avira make it a bad joke.

:)

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I don´t know if this Security Software is good or not. But in one of the 2024 Tests of Security Solutions is it one of the Best.
The picture doesn't look like the result of an AV test done by a lab and more like a site that just promotes software and just ranks them the way they get the biggest affiliation from.
When I read Total AV I only remember some pretty "strange" advertisement methods they had years ago (if my memory servers me right) and for that I will never buy them.
Not sure if they are the best but I would consider those two at least for a good starting point for results.

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I don´t know if this Security Software is good or not. But in one of the 2024 Tests of Security Solutions is it one of the Best.
View attachment 282604
The best based on what? TotalAV probably doesn’t even have behavioural blocking because Avira doesn’t have it as an OEM offering. TotalAV does mention using cloud so they probably do but that’s about it. Why should people pay TotalAV instead of Avira themselves? Also, Panda 3rd…
Makes it very suspicious 🤨

Mar 4, 2022
View attachment 282604
TotalAV pays to be at the top of these lists, there is no thought or testing that goes behind it. Look for actual testing reviews like AV-Comparatives, or YouTube testers like The PC Security Channel or Computer Solutions. Or our very own @Shadowra.

Any site that has TotalAV in their top 3 has been paid to do it.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
From one of these sites:

How we rank antivirus providers​

So you can choose your perfect antivirus use our filters to choose the features you require. As default we list antivirus providers by top featured. You can change how we sort this list using the sort by filer and select; Most Popular, Top Featured or Lowest Price. Most popular uses total number of unique clicks sent to each antivirus over the last 7 days. Top Featured positions are chosen by the webmaster, we receive advertising revenue from some antivirus providers and this impacts the order which the webmaster chooses. Lowest price lets you list by lowest price first. We do not include every plan from each antivirus we use the price for the plan which we link to and this may not be the lowest price available.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Sorry, off topic here....Found this. And yes, it's part of the subscription scammer known as "Total" (fill in the rest) in this case... Total Password.

"*By clicking "Checkout Securely" you agree to our Terms of service, Privacy Policy, acknowledge the 85% discount is an introductory offer that applies to the initial term only and you agree this service will automatically renew annually at the regular rate of $119 until canceled. You may cancel anytime within your account or by contacting support. Prices are subject to change. This $19 transaction will appear as totalpassword.com"

Please keep his
trash off your computers ✌️

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.