Advice Request Total AV - Has anyone tested, please share the details

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Have anyone tested TotalAV please share the details if any
It’s based on Avira and recent versions include cloud as well.
However, you can get the same technology with Avira for free.

Stay away of this software for now, as they practice very dodgy advertisement schemes, spam you, (I will include screenshots from my emails from yesterday) and can’t justify their price. You can definitely do better than that.
Their last blog post is from 2019, which shows how much they are interested in cyber-security.

The uninstaller is very badly designed and leaves “Scan with TotalAV” in explorer contextual menu after uninstall.
C0403282-B1F0-468C-AC28-6E5FB2255AD3.png

C56727C3-AA1D-4B7E-8106-431FE2CD8CD4.png

7350F055-BC3F-4CB9-BDB8-0780C349B3E5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 89360

I have been receiving very interesting emails for quite some time. I do not normally click on links in SPAM emails and I highly recommend users not to do it too. However today, out of curiosity, I have decided to check that out.
1613583747255.png

This is an email seemingly from "Mcafee" (incorrectly formatted) that also includes references to Norton.
Upon clicking on the link, I am taken to this webpage:
1613583823822.png

Similar emails, also pointing to TotalAV:
1613583901576.png
1613583945224.png
1613583978285.png

Once again, I would like to remind users not to click on any links in messages flagged SPAM. Specially when the formatting of the email doesn't look like what the official brand will send you.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I have been receiving very interesting emails for quite some time. I do not normally click on links in SPAM emails and I highly recommend users not to do it too. However today, out of curiosity, I have decided to check that out.
View attachment 254292

This is an email seemingly from "Mcafee" (incorrectly formatted) that also includes references to Norton.
View attachment 254293

View attachment 254294View attachment 254295View attachment 254296

Once again, I would like to remind users not to click on any links in messages flagged SPAM. Specially when the formatting of the email doesn't look like what the official brand will send you.
I've gotten all 3 of these in the past 5 days. Always the same 3. Over and over and over and over......o_O

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
View attachment 254292

View attachment 254293

View attachment 254294View attachment 254295View attachment 254296

Damn McAfee's new UI is looking sick. Such an improvement from last year! 😄

Vinny2023

Feb 28, 2023
I purchased the TotalAV program @ £29.00 but could only pay through PayPal. When I was in my PayPal account to confirm the payment an advert came up for only £36 extra to cover up to 3 computers, notepads, etc. But there was no option to cancel so I did not confirm payment and went back using the back key then proceeded to go back into PayPal to confirm payment for the £36 deal. Again I get bombarded with numerous other extra TotalAV packages plus payment is for 12 months only and thereafter a further annual charge of £108.00 will be debited on this card. When I saw this I thought this is a scam and exited PayPal as before.
After checking my bank account I found both payments had been paid to PayPal even though I tried to stop them whilst pending.
I have been locked out of my PayPal account to get in touch with PayPal, even though I can make purchases using my password and cannot get through to make a complaint by email (can't log in) or by a UK landline. The same applies to TotalAV also with numerous emails canceling the order al I get is welcome to TotalAV
I've also found TotalAV is a front company for a company called Protected Net Group Ltd.
My only conclusion is this is just a huge scam so BUYERS BEWARE.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.