DDE_Server

Level 8
Hi gents,
when i was just browsing internet today and read more about security configurations. i found a free antivirus called "TOTALAV" i did not hear about before and it has a lot of useful features bundled with it such as ransomeware protection and remote firewall so any one here tried or tested it or just it rouge AV and scam . i want to know your opinion
here is screen shot from the official website:
Link to official site: Free Antivirus 2019 – Download Free Antivirus Software & Internet Security - TotalAV.com

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
It's garbage. It uses Avira signatures, but in general is a terrible product.

There's an existing thread about it, which will give you more information.

Glenn H

Watch these guys at TOTALAV ppl they'll burn ya. I paid something like $25 for a 12 month trial which I wasn't at all satisfied with, and then they debited my card $99 12 months later after I admonished them over their nasty product. Searching further on the net I see that I am only one of thousands unhappy with their underhanded behavior. Oh they did refund me $50. I installed their crap and uninstalled it in the same day, that's how much I was impressed with it and it cost me $49

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
Watch these guys at TOTALAV ppl they'll burn ya. I paid something like $25 for a 12 month trial which I wasn't at all satisfied with, and then they debited my card $99 12 months later after I admonished them over their nasty product.
You would have needed to cancel your subscription before the 12 months and then you wouldn't have been rebilled. It's something you need to watch out for, as most software which you buy a subscription for, you are automatically billed again for when the subscription ends. Usually, even if you buy a discounted subscription, you are charged the full price when you are rebilled. As you have seen, sometimes the full price for software from less than reputable publishers is ridiculously high.

Whenever I pay for software with PayPal, I go to my PayPal account an cancel the recurring payments, so I am not rebilled.