Advice Request Tracefree

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Anyone using tracefree. Online service for private and malware-free browsing. Seems like a virtual machine in the cloud where you can browse thru their server and be safe secure and private. 7-day free trial, and it appears you have to download their app. I have questions...??? They claim better than vpn. They seem to have a lot of claims.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
I just did there trace free software challenge With my VPN plus Firefox and add-ons I passed most of their challenges quite easily I don't see a need for this software myself , And at TraceFree Annual
From: $99.00 / year It is quite expensive, For the protection you can get From a decent VPN Plus Firefox and add-ons I don't really see you need to purchase it At that price, My VPN cost about $50 a year And the rest of my protection is free think I stick to what I have :)

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I just did there trace free software challenge With my VPN plus Firefox and add-ons I passed most of their challenges quite easily I don't see a need for this software myself , And at TraceFree Annual
From: $99.00 / year It is quite expensive, For the protection you can get From a decent VPN Plus Firefox and add-ons I don't really see you need to purchase it At that price, My VPN cost about $50 a year And the rest of my protection is free think I stick to what I have :)
Thanks, I tend to agree with you. My initial thought was it looked interesting, but couldn't find much info, perhaps too new? It seems like they are giving you a lot of info, but not really, and when I signed up (attempted to sign up) for free 7-day trial, I was too "obscure" for them or something. I stumbled across tracefree when I was considering reinstalling vmware on my win10.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.