.Trashes virus removal help (USb&PC)

Eliwi

Thread author
Mar 12, 2015
Hi. I noticed my PC got infected with the .trashes virus a few days ago, and I've tried many things to get rid of it, but nothing works. I can't install anything on the computer because it won't run. It won't let me run CCleaner, mscongif, won't let me access safe mode, and I've even tried to restore windows but nothing happens. I'm at a loss.

I tried following instructions and downloaded Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, but it won't let me install it, either. Is my only option having to format my computer? I want to be able to get rid of this thing from my USB as well, so that I don't risk getting it infected once again.

Thank you and I hope someone can help :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.