logo_tagline_09.gif

DOWNLOAD TREND MICRO 2014

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I couldn't find what's New, anyone got Release Notes or New features?

Maybe McLovin could tell us. :p

Artemis

Aug 5, 2012
This is not good.
Large RAM consumption, low on-demand detection, heuristics average, the price high.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Dima007 said:
Do you recommend to try it?

I say yes, but it's up to you. I like how it has a very strong web guard. Others may not, but for me a strong web filter is great.

Artemis said:
This is not good.
Large RAM consumption, low on-demand detection, heuristics average, the price high.

1. It's not high on RAM consumption. It depends on the machine you have.
  2. It's detection rate isn't up there, but it's web guard is.
  3. Agree with that one.
  4. The price is somewhat high, but I'm sure if you look through the giveaway section here on MalwareTips you should be able to find a good deal on Trend.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Except, the web guard isn't going to protect you from something download via a trusted source. ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Except, the web guard isn't going to protect you from something download via a trusted source. ;)

Yes that is true, didn't think of that. :-/

Artemis

Aug 5, 2012
RAM consumption is high.
The program is heavier than many other "Internet Security Programs." (see Norton, Webroot, Eset, Avg, F Secure, Bitdefender, etc..)
The company slowly adds virus definitions. (I checked)
New virus scan results are poor.
The program does not change for several years.
Surprised his high positions in official tests.

But www-great protection.
I have tested the beta version - reported problems with malware 0-day (ransomware, keylogger, etc.) often do not detect the trend.

No fixed it.

sshot-1_1.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Artemis said:
RAM consumption is high.
The program is heavier than many other "Internet Security Programs." (see Norton, Webroot, Eset, Avg, F Secure, Bitdefender, etc..)
The company slowly adds virus definitions. (I checked)
New virus scan results are poor.
The program does not change for several years.
Surprised his high positions in official tests.
It is vulnerable.
But www-great protection.
I have tested the beta version - reported problems with malware 0-day (ransomware, keylogger, etc.) often do not detect the trend.

No fixed it.

sshot-1_1.jpg

It depends on the computer you're running it on. At times I've found other AV suites to be heavier than Trend. It's Virus definitions aren't the fastest to come out I agree there. The scan results I think are rather good.

What do you mean it's "vulnerable"?

Artemis

Aug 5, 2012
Similar use of RAM / disk generates only Trend and McAfee, sometimes Kasperksy (with some operations).

cipals15

Oct 12, 2013
The scan results are pretty high for Trend Micro these days but CPU/RAM consumption might affect users with old computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.