Question Trend Micro ID Security worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Email addresses
Bank account numbers / credit cards / phone number / passwords / driver license numbers / social security number / passport number

i'm pretty sure none of the free services including the one you mentioned don't cover this much
but you have to see if you need all that or not
2.5$ is cheap honestly for the service they're offering imo.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I used to be subscribed to this service. It’s not bad, specially for the price. One of the benefits is that you can manually type a password or phone number and search for leaks (other services won’t let you manually search for such details) but compared to McAfee they include information about far less leaks. McAfee so far detects the most and alerts the quickest (contrary to their so-so antivirus).
McAfee’s leak detection is even better than Norton LifeLock. So far it has alerted me to over 100 leaks (many are combo lists with my details) and LifeLock has alerted me to 3-4.

If you download a data stealer such as RedLine and let it exfiltrate passwords, in about a week McAfee sends alerts.
Dozen of breaches are already marked “addressed”.
IMG_1507.png
IMG_1508.png
IMG_1509.png

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I used to be subscribed to this service. It’s not bad, specially for the price. One of the benefits is that you can manually type a password or phone number and search for leaks (other services won’t let you manually search for such details) but compared to McAfee they include information about far less leaks. McAfee so far detects the most and alerts the quickest (contrary to their so-so antivirus).
McAfee’s leak detection is even better than Norton LifeLock. So far it has alerted me to over 100 leaks (many are combo lists with my details) and LifeLock has alerted me to 3-4.
Can you get this McAfee data leak protection separately from their av? And does McAfee let you manually input email / phone to search for??) :unsure:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Can you get this McAfee data leak protection separately from their av? And does McAfee let you manually input email / phone to search for??) :unsure:
You can input all these details including bank accounts and more. It will take a bit of time before they start alerting you, with Trend Micro you can input the details and perform instant search.

I don’t think you can get McAfee breach protection separately. McAfee licenses are sold dirty cheap in retail stores and online, they include the leak checks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.