Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
Thanks for the suggestion, Stas. Zemana has never run smoothly on my system, don't know why. But, I will definitely try Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

MW
can you try this zemana? this is the free portable version
Clean your computer in minutes with Zemana AntiMalware, no matter how badly infected!

zemana, norton power eraser and hitmanpro are extremely good ONLINE on-demand scanners
emisoft emergency kit is a traditional OFFLINE on-demand scanner but it's very good against PUPs

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky

Slyguy

Level 32
OS
Other OS
Hi guys,

Which on-demand scanner would you recommend along my Trend Micro Internet Security?

Thanks!

MW
Trend has it's own signature and technology. So with that in mind, you are probably advised to use something with one of the more popular engines in it. I'd recommend Hitmanpro over anything else for a paid solution and Zemana Portable for a free one. Also you could consider ClamWin, it's free and actually outperforms Malwarebytes these days.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I am pretty sure it's an On-demand scanner,
True but why they created Sophos clean?if you dig through the Sophos website then you will find they recommend Sophos clean not Sophos vir removal tool. also, it's not portable and you have to install it like an av!
P.s a tip about Zemana (portable version)! it's not portable!it will create those drivers plus ZAM_Guard.krnl.trace !better don't use anything fro Zemana -.-

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 35
Content Creator
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
True but why they created Sophos clean?if you dig through the Sophos website then you will find they recommend Sophos clean not Sophos vir removal tool. also, it's not portable and you have to install it like an av!
P.s a tip about Zemana (portable version)! it's not portable!it will create those drivers plus ZAM_Guard.krnl.trace !better don't use anything fro Zemana -.-
use this, run as administrator, thanks @TairikuOkami
Dropbox - remove zemana.bat