Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I am trying to use up my freebies from various sites and currently I have Trend Titanium IS along with Mamutu on my VM, but since Trend (as far as I know) doesn't have a firewall (only optimizes windows fw) I was wondering if I should use maybe ZA free alongside Titanium?
Any opinions would be great!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nah there is no need for that. If you configure the Windows 7 firewall to full protection Trend will just boost that, but if you think that you should have a go at doing it well then it's up to you.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well it's xp not 7 I forgot to mention that

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Trend Micro is also a good software, it depends what you want....... but you can surely keep Trend Micro....

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:
Well it's xp not 7 I forgot to mention that

It still should be fine to use the Windows XP firewall.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The TMTIS should protect you well, as should all Internet Security software (otherwise it's a waste of time/money).

Quote from site:
"WINDOWS FIREWALL BOOSTER
TTitanium Internet Security optimises your existing Windows® Firewall. Firewall Booster scans network traffic and protects against network-based attacks/viruses."

http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/products/titanium-internet-security/index.html#features

You have Mamutu along side, so I don't see why the paranoia state of mind. :D

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'm not paranoid lol I just wasn't sure how Trend worked as far as the FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.