App Review Trend Micro Maximum Security 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the Trend Micro test!
Trend Micro is a Japanese antivirus, relatively well known to the general public.
The publisher once published its PC-Cillin solution, but since 2011, has focused on a 100% in-the-cloud antivirus! (formerly named Titanium).
For this version 2022, the publisher has strengthened several security modules while relying on its Cloud network.

The interface has not changed at all, it remains clear and suitable for novices.
However, on virtual machine, I noticed a transparent effect, as the interface uses hardware acceleration, but that, we do not count.

As far as protection is concerned, Trend proves its reputation with very effective blocking. It has an advantage that it blocks directly at the source! In other words, if the hacker modifies part of the URL or the site to avoid detection, Trend will continue to block it. This is a good solution!
However, there are still some efforts to do on phishing, because I missed 2 of them (I made a mistake while recording, sorry).

As far as the database is concerned, it is still average, even if the Trend Micro team has made great efforts to improve it.
On the other hand, its Behavior Blocker is excellent and allowed to block big traps that I set for it! It was able to block the VBS and JS scripts that I ran on it.
Except that Trend doesn't know how to clean. It just stops the attack, but does not remove the traces. So, in the end, Trend bombarded with alerts to block the Powershell command because malware was being executed. A small problem that the developers will have to correct.
The machine is infected, traces of malware are present because its BB does not remove traces after attack.
Nevertheless, it is effective, but only if you surf carefully.
If you have a risky surfing, I do not recommend it.

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Low
Phishing URL test : 3/5 (2 missed)
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All detected)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 49 files to 213.
Trend Micro performed well during this test.
Its Behavior Blocker is excellent, but does not clean up traces, so we end up with malware infecting a process that tries several times to exploit powershell despite Trend Micro's alerts.

Resistance to script attacks: Good but does not erase traces if the malware was successfully executed

Result :
Trend : 0
NPE : 5
KVRT : 2
MBAM : 44 (PUP Avanquest)

Recommand : Yes, but only in case of careful surfing
System Clean : System infected

@Claudio66 and @L0ckJaw request

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for your testing, as always it is very much appreciated.

Could you try Malwarebytes 4.5 Premium with Pen testing and anomaly detection settings enabled (expert system algorithms) sometime ?

Last edited:

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Hi, thanks for the video, i used trendmicro until 2020, after that and after i reported a few bug and had no fix to it, i quit trendmicro.
Can u test next iobit malware fighter, the pro version (with bitdefender) + iobit anti ransomware engine pls?

Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.