Advice Request Trojan.DBH.gen!Eldorado

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter208a

Thread author
Jun 15, 2021
System Mechanics identifies W32/Trojan.DBH.gen!Eldorado in Windows Installer in its standard version but won't remove it

I have Malwarebytes and this doesn't find it

It is in C:\Windows\Installer\17309C1B.MSP and it says it is a Windows Installer Patch

What next?

Reactions: Nevi

peter208a

Thread author
Jun 15, 2021
I've run a full scan on the Windows folder with Microsoft Defender which is where System Mechanics found it

I only have the $12 standard version of System Mechanics and they want around another £100 for the version that would remove it and I begrudge that amount of money to get rid of a Trojan which other free or cheaper anti malware software should be able to do

Not sure how to run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Malwarebytes has the latest update and that doesn't find it either

Any other ideas anyone?

peter208a

Thread author
Jun 15, 2021
Another thought

Google search warns about removing files but I wonder if the particular file that has the infection is that important

C:\Windows\Installer\17309C1B.MSP - it is a Windows Installer Patch

Dates to 2011 - It may have been superseded

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.