Trojan/Rootkit Removal Help

Paul Ainscough

Thread author
Oct 8, 2015
System runs extremely slow. It is pretty much unusable. I started out by seeing a lot of msiexec.exe and conhost.exe chewing up the RAM and CPU. The respawn if killed. The same symptoms are happening in safe mode as well.

I ran Malwarebytes and removed everything.
I have ran combofix.
I have ran adwcleaner and removed everything.
I ran tdsskiller but it found nothing.
I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit.
I ran Roguekiller. Removed a couple of the registry keys that had a bunch of random numbers and letters. It gave an IAT hooks warning.
I ran FRST but do not know where to go from there with this one. I have uploaded the logs from that.

Could someone please take a look? I really don't want to have to reformat. Thank you very much for any help.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    89.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Addition.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 5

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
  • We do not provide free help for work/business/company computers. This forum is run by volunteers that spend their time free of charge trying to help people. We're not here to help someone earn money. If you're earning for life via infected PC or making a profit by fixing someone's PC, then you should hire someone to fix your issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.