Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Gebert's straightforward mitigation advice to prevent UAC bypass attacks is setting UAC to "Always Notify." Doing so will always show the user UAC prompts before high-risk applications are executed.
Periodic security scanners -> one or 2 3rd party second opinion scanners are always welcome: KVRT, EEK...
Thanks for sharing![]()
I would set UAC to always notify to prevent bypasses:
![]()
Bypassing Windows 10 UAC with mock folders and DLL hijacking
A new technique uses a simplified process of DLL hijacking and mock directories to bypass Windows 10's UAC security feature and run elevated commands without alerting a user.www.bleepingcomputer.com
Since you are using the enterprise version make the best of it and study hardening windows using group policy.
Why ditched ?Ditched BitDefender for F-Secure Safe. Everything else remains the same at the moment.
Why ditched ?
I also used f-secure before , good protection.Performance and felt a bit too heavy for my liking. F-Secure running much lighter for me.
SSD can handle this , for me protection is the most importantThe biggest problem I had with BD is the update size is much larger than other AVs. On an SSD that does cause a lot of writes. Not the end of the world, but it is a bit harder on SSDs than others.
I noticed this as well. Forgo to mention it.The biggest problem I had with BD is the update size is much larger than other AVs. On an SSD that does cause a lot of writes. Not the end of the world, but it is a bit harder on SSDs than others.
I agree, but there are other effective options that don’t use the BD engine.SSD can handle this , for me protection is the most important
Yes correct , I like the BD engineI agree, but there are other effective options that don’t use the BD engine.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes