Advanced Plus Security Trooper's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jun 5, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
Emsisoft Anti-Malware Home
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Windows Firewall.
Simple Windows Hardening
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge
uBlock Origin
Bitwarden Password Manager
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Emsisoft Browser Security
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
Mullvad
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Combination of CCleaner and Manual Cleaning
File and photo backups
Local Backup to External Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect 8.0
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs
HP Z1 Entry Tower G5
Intel Core i7 9700
Radeon RX580
32GB
SSD Drive 512GB
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

The biggest problem I had with BD is the update size is much larger than other AVs. On an SSD that does cause a lot of writes. Not the end of the world, but it is a bit harder on SSDs than others.
On average, 400 MB writes on every update and 800 MB-1 GB after a night.
@Trooper On Enterprise edition, you can do this to make sure the least amount of telemetry is submitted to Microsoft.
reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t reg_DWORD /d "0" /f
You can also configure this via group policy, but it's the same thing.
 
On average, 400 MB writes on every update and 800 MB-1 GB after a night.
@Trooper On Enterprise edition, you can do this to make sure the least amount of telemetry is submitted to Microsoft.

You can also configure this via group policy, but it's the same thing.
Yeah, it really isn’t bad. I may go back to BD one day if their firewall can be fixed to not block XBOX’s Toredo.
 
Thanks all. Yeah F-Secure just seems lighter to me than BD so for now I think this is what I will stick with. I do not know much about DeepGuard but from what I have read it seems to be decent.
 
BD crashed tonight when going through the interface. I was on the share to another device dialing box and boom. Got a pop up about it and sent the info to support.
 
That's why it's a good idea to create a system image before you install on AV. If you need to change your AV restore from the system image and install the AV. From my experience I can tell that sometimes changing AV's can cause many issues since most of the third party AV's leave some trace on the system.
 
That's why it's a good idea to create a system image before you install on AV. If you need to change your AV restore from the system image and install the AV. From my experience I can tell that sometimes changing AV's can cause many issues since most of the third party AV's leave some trace on the system.

I already did that. I installed BTS from a clean image.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top