Battle Trustport VS Emsisoft VS Dr.Web VS G-DATA - Which is the better Security Suite?

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
TrustPort haven't used it so i can't say.

GData is a good software but needs improvement.Heavy on old systems even though it has improved lately.

Emsisoft the lightest and very good out of the box protection.A very good choice for protecting your system.

Dr.Web also very goo but needs some tweaks to provide better protection.
A very good product for protection but a bit heavy on old systems.

In my opinion GD, EAM and DW are good products and they will protect your system.If you like to make some tweaks you will have fun with Dr.Web.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
TrustPort haven't used it so i can't say.

GData is a good software but needs improvement.Heavy on old systems even though it has improved lately.

Emsisoft the lightest and very good out of the box protection.A very good choice for protecting your system.

Dr.Web also very goo but needs some tweaks to provide better protection.
A very good product for protection but a bit heavy on old systems.

In my opinion GD, EAM and DW are good products and they will protect your system.If you like to make some tweaks you will have fun with Dr.Web.
Gdata haven't slow my moms pc down even though its 10 years old

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I vote Dr. Web first, Trustport second.

Dr. Web is unique, and quite strong and doesn't use the $2 hooker of AV engines (Bit Defender) which is a big positive IMO. Emsisoft is good, but I had to drop it, way too many FP's and some web blocking that was screwing up a lot of stuff. I like it but hesitate to recommend anymore. Trustport I have used off and on. It looks a bit lame, like some kid in paint made the UI, but it's pretty strong and lightweight despite the engines.

But here is he thing most AV users are set it and forget type of users,plus why is its zero day protection is turned off.

Kaspersky's "zero-day" (anti-exploit) protection is a part of the System Watcher module and is turned ON by default.

There is no such thing as "zero-day" malware protection. The terminology "zero-day" applies to exploits and not malware - but people have perverted its original meaning. The industry is mostly at-fault for mixed-use of terminology that sows nothing but confusion. When users read 15 different articles with the same terminology applied in 5 completely different contexts then it is no wonder there is so much user confusion.

It is just like some people do not know the technical difference between anti-exploit and exploit prevention.

Last edited by a moderator:

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Kaspersky's "zero-day" (anti-exploit) protection is a part of the System Watcher module and is turned ON by default.

There is no such thing as "zero-day" malware protection. The terminology "zero-day" applies to exploits and not malware - but people have perverted its original meaning. The industry is mostly at-fault for mixed-use of terminology that sows nothing but confusion. When users read 15 different articles with the same terminology applied in 5 completely different contexts then it is no wonder there is so much user confusion.

It is just like some people do not know the technical difference between anti-exploit and exploit prevention.
But you see KIS is missing like a sandbox or a HIPs which something nasty like wantocry can ruin the pc and kill KIS as well and trust me i know what zero-day protection is a HIPS,BB,sandbox and VM.

Reactions: tonibalas

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
But you see KIS is missing like a sandbox or a HIPs which something nasty like wantocry can ruin the pc and kill KIS as well and trust me i know what zero-day protection is a HIPS,BB,sandbox and VM.
KIS has HIPS.. This sandbox mania is killing me, how can you stand running all your apps inside a vacuum that demolishes performance of that app?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.