Battle Trustport VS Emsisoft VS Dr.Web VS G-DATA - Which is the better Security Suite?

@koskesh20

Do not make things overly complicated. Use the product that you like most. Which one do you like using more - G DATA or TrustPort ?

Protections are basically the same. Only small differences.

Reactions: koskesh20

I like trustport because firewall is very nice and user can create rule for personally, but when install trust port firewall this suite ask very ask for telegram and opera,if i allow telegram and opera for first time allow to connect to internet.but firewall trustport ask for telegram and opera.
I know trustport not viruslab for analyzing malware and use engine bit and avg only.
I creat rule in firewall g data for blockin ip 10.10.34.34 but firewall can not block this ip for second time. Please help me.
Thanks

I will get back to you tomorrow. Working at the moment. I have to play with G DATA firewall to see what I come up with. I never had need to block a single IP address, but I guess I'm gonna learn how it is done in G DATA.

I creat rule in firewall g data for blockin ip 10.10.34.34 but firewall can not block this ip for second time. Please help me.
Thanks

To block a certain IP, please do the following.

-Navigate to your Firewall (3rd icon at the top)

-go to rule set (as seen in the attached file)

-Click on Blocked networks

-Click on advanced rule set editor at the bottom.

-Click on new on the right side of the screen

If you did these steps correctly, you will see the same screen as the 2nd attached file. Now, just check the box that is indicated, and type the IP you want to block in the textbox right next to it.

Ruleset.PNG IP block.PNG

I GO with your way but g data can not blocking ip address:(

I tested it using the IP addresses you previously posted. It blocked both IP addresses.

I tested on W10.

You really should submit support request to G DATA. I have submitted bug reports to them and they always reply. It will sometimes take a few days or a weekend, but they do reply.

Reactions: koskesh20

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Emsisoft Internet Security has been discontinued. i would rather go for Emsisoft Anti malware it is very effective against malware
Merged* would be the right word-

EAM is definitely a great choice, taking into account real time protection, system performance, and malware detection. Even support is extremely efficient and quick.

GData is another great software on the security industry, but not as light.

Other ones have not tried so i cannot give a real opinion on.

If you are mentioning these 4, then Kaspersky could be another good one too. It's the most complete suite and modules such as System Watcher and Application Control make it unbeatable.

I have both G-Data and EAM.....machine is working great with no slowdowns....

Combining both products on a single machine is a mistake. And you might not realize it is a mistake until the system gets smacked with malware. That's too little, too late.

It is not in anyone's best interests to combine such softs. You can go to the Emsisoft support forum and read their stated policy - which is that installing Emsisoft alongside another antivirus\internet security suite is no longer supported.

Last edited by a moderator:

I gave my vote for Emsisoft, in the past i used eset ESS and EAV and I have been satisfied, but, from today I switched to EIS and EAM, it was more comfortable and lighter than eset, In a short time I meet and learn about him (Menu items, rules, and alerts bb+fw) from the head to the feets. It was spectacular. Other day gave me the madness by to install GDATA in other disk with win10, Knowing that I am trimmed of resources with only 8gb. I felt the impact of this antivirus (frization and Obstructed at launching on executable games, navigators & windows folders ) as effect, I had to uninstall it and go back with Emsisoft. WTF GDATA suck 1GB to 2gb ram and much more in realtime. emsisoft suck only 300mb ram. i have no experience with Drweb, surely, some day i will try to install it. Emsisoft in my main systems. FOREVER.

G DATA should not be hogging 1 GB or more of RAM - ever. It's RAM usage should be similar to Emsisoft's under all conditions.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
G DATA's BB is failing in approximately 30 % of ransomware tests at this time. They need to improve it. They improved the Antiransomware module a lot since Dec\Jan, but have a bit further to go.
Lockdown I was talking about TrustPort not Gdata.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.