Advice Request Trying to find Lock Screen / SIgn-In screen image...

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JasonUK

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 14, 2020
I have the same image that I use for the lock-screen & sign-in screen background but have managed to lose the original but cannot find where WIndows 10 stores its copy. I've tried the usual locations that online queries suggest ~ C:/Windows/web & C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets without success (both visible & hidden files). Has anyone got any suggestions where else to look? Settings allows me to change the image to previous image (original also lost) and back without any issue so they're stored somewhere!

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
There is no problem with the location. However, it seems that the extension is not attached. There is no choice but to select what seems to be an image from the file size in the list, copy it, add an extension, and check it.

JasonUK

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 14, 2020
There is no problem with the location. However, it seems that the extension is not attached. There is no choice but to select what seems to be an image from the file size in the list, copy it, add an extension, and check it.
Yep done all that, the image isn't there even after trying various image extensions to copies of all files.

JasonUK

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 14, 2020
Well I never found the location / windows copies of the missing images but by a small miracle I managed to find my current lockscreen image again online. The second missing image was quite a well-circulated image taken from the web anyway so that was easily found... Small versions of missing images below!

BeautifulPath.jpg

A beautiful path very similar to one close to home...

EndeavourDockedISS.jpg

Space Shuttle Endeavour docked at the ISS

Attachments

• BeautifulPath.jpg
    BeautifulPath.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • EndeavourDockedISS.jpg
    EndeavourDockedISS.jpg
    905.6 KB · Views: 109

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.