Trying to not be paranoid. Help to Reducing security software alongside emsisoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi whith the offer hot deal of winantirasom i compulsive buy too many security products, but i think its only for a collector When ccleaner hack cames i install all my security software in my main machine
Winantirasom Emsisoft Appcheck, Shadow defender, Zemana antilogger, malwarebytes, etc.
I dont not notice any slow down I am playing streetfigther 4 and play well but then i play naruto storm 3 (same or similar hardware demand) and the game goes slow, then reestart and everything goes normal. I never see any of that programs have high usage of resources . Maybe they have redundant functions but i like to monitor my system before delete one see what are the most heavy ¿How i can? i see task manager and does not see high resources use on that programs how can i monitor all them and see what are more resource usage.
I think Emsisoft AM and Zemana are the only one realtime protection. The other ones only react when user or file does something suspicious. Am i wrong?
I dont seee winantirasom FP or slow down.
I read here appcheck not are too good.
Shadowdefender for me is necesary.
Zemana antilogger (i dont know)
malwarebytes maybe slow down while update.

Really i dont know what of this "add ons" slow my machine or maybe my machine is slow jeje

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
If you really want a minimalist approach, then Emsisoft + Shadow Defender is enough. :)

You may use Zemana AntiLogger and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as on-demand scanners. :)

I don't think AppCheck and/or WinAntiRansom are necessary. But if you really want to use a separate anti-ransomware, then I would go for AppCheck. :)

Hi whith the offer hot deal of winantirasom i compulsive buy too many security products, but i think its only for a collector When ccleaner hack cames i install all my security software in my main machine
Winantirasom Emsisoft Appcheck, Shadow defender, Zemana antilogger, malwarebytes, etc.
I dont not notice any slow down I am playing streetfigther 4 and play well but then i play naruto storm 3 (same or similar hardware demand) and the game goes slow, then reestart and everything goes normal. I never see any of that programs have high usage of resources . Maybe they have redundant functions but i like to monitor my system before delete one see what are the most heavy ¿How i can? i see task manager and does not see high resources use on that programs how can i monitor all them and see what are more resource usage.
I think Emsisoft AM and Zemana are the only one realtime protection. The other ones only react when user or file does something suspicious. Am i wrong?
I dont seee winantirasom FP or slow down.
I read here appcheck not are too good.
Shadowdefender for me is necesary.
Zemana antilogger (i dont know)
malwarebytes maybe slow down while update.

Really i dont know what of this "add ons" slow my machine or maybe my machine is slow jeje

Your system is way, way, way over-protected. You are protecting the system against a worst-case scenario that will never come - and if it is that bad, then it will likely sail past most security softs.

Things like the CCleaner malware are going to bypass security softs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Do you thinlk is really need a antirasomware tool, like appcheck or winantirasom.. I like winantirasom because restric things and i never see, i see app check are very actual and cool ¿Is really need antirasom if i have emsi?

For things like the CCleaner embedded malware it is more important to simply keep-up on IT security news events. Reports of such attacks hit the web and spread fast.

There is at least one enterprise exploit detection solution that will detect the CCleaner malware - and that is Cisco-Talos' new exploit detection soft. I don't know of any other software that can detect it. There might be others, I just don't know about them.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
AK- I would avoid WinAntiRansom now. Originally it came out as a specific ransomware detector with some issues of False Positives. Sadly (and spite of my contact with the Developers) they changed it to an Anti-EXE product that alerts to just about anything. And as we all know, something that alerts to everything really will detect nothing. My advise to you would be to remember what you are using your computer for- and it is not to answer constant popups and obsess over updating numerous security products.

Lockdown- As I posted elsewhere, the Cisco/Talos "beta" thingy didn't detect squat. Although they indeed made that statement on the original PR release, they retracted it (check it out) and confessed that they were actually INFORMED of the malware by Morphisec. The original statement was a disgusting misrepresentation and done without honor by the Edmund Brumaghin, Ross Gibb, Warren Mercer, Matthew Molyett, and Craig Williams cabal. If I were the CEO they would have been IT newbies at Pizza Hut the next day.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi cruel sister thanks for asistence and hi Umbra. I really like popups but not too nasty that comodo ones. I like WAR but i am thinking is abadon ware. I really never recibe popups and some cuestion Do you know how that softwares works?
Zemana how their realtime protection works? if i want to stay zemana i have to disable realtime protection and identity protection to stay only in scan mode?
How WAR or appcheck works? how use they the resources?
I uninstall all and now i see my machine is a litle quick response now i have Emsi and Shadow defender

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The best thing about not being paranoid about security is thinking that it is not so easy to be hit by some malware in the life of a surfer. at best it can be infected 2 or 3 times, that I remember only once I got infected with Faque Alert, and because I did not listen to my antivirus.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I never have infected i use original software and take very concious navigation acts. My girl sometimes browse dranger pages, but nothing dificult to resolve. Now i am using EAM and shadow defender. Trying to decide use heimdal if not are redundant. What is rasom off?

Reactions: bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.